New Moog app - Model D Minimoog

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

O.k. there was a new version from The Legend i could demo again and sorry.....but the Moog app really is much better, especially when it comes to the feedback and filter modulation.
The Legend is too tame and can´t handle that even when i put the feedback, overdrive and saturation full on it loose by far against Model D. If i turn there all gain stages up it´s really something i would call saturation!
I think this app even beats P900 for specific sounds.
I´m really impressed. Now i want it as VST/AU :cry:

redlester wrote:
teilo wrote:For return audio over the same USB connection, they have a paid version that costs $9.99. That's necessary for a PC, I think. On Mac, return audio is natively supported from iOS devices via Audio MIDI Setup.app.
Thanks but this is what I've already tried, and couldn't get to work. I have the paid version, Studiomux because I wanted the the audio over USB option.
When your iOS device is plugged in, it will show up as a device with 2 input channels, and 0 output channels in Audio MIDI Setup. You will likely need to create an Aggregate Device which combines the iOS device with your audio interface, as most DAWs only allow you to select a single Input device. In the Aggregate Device config you can drag to reorder the device channels and assign them to the specific numbered inputs on the device.

From there, in your DAW, choose the aggregate device you created and route your inputs accordingly.

A small preset bank with 20 presets.
!Watch out, mostly the levels are high as possible since the feedback/saturation works with the OSC level as well as the output volume!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d5gf1vnta8tuq ... 1.mdb?dl=0
A short demo:
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/m ... me-presets

Cinebient wrote:O.k. there was a new version from The Legend i could demo again and sorry.....but the Moog app really is much better, especially when it comes to the feedback and filter modulation.
The Legend is too tame and can´t handle that even when i put the feedback, overdrive and saturation full on it loose by far against Model D. If i turn there all gain stages up it´s really something i would call saturation!
Probably because the app does not accurately model a Model D.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote:
Cinebient wrote:O.k. there was a new version from The Legend i could demo again and sorry.....but the Moog app really is much better, especially when it comes to the feedback and filter modulation.
Probably because the app does not accurately model a Model D.
It does....but the new reissue. The developers said that. Even starsky (he made comparisons between the software and a hardware Model D) said this app nailed the filter better than the others.
I mean who if not Moog could nail it.
And even if it does not, then it must be better than the hardware. :D

How the model d ios sound compare to the hardware.
For 5usd , its awesome.

Amram wrote:How the model d ios sound compare to the hardware.
For 5usd , its awesome.
There are a few synth on iOS by now which are on par with the best desktop analog emulations (and even better in some areas while they lack in others maybe).
I mean i even think about to migrate back (at least a part) to iOS if that goes on and use it as synth machine only.
Sample libraries still suck on iOS but a few are not bad also for specific uses and even sound not much worse than expensive large Kontakt libraries (like iSymphonic).
I still prefer much my mac workflow and so but if i can run iOS apps on my mac one day it will be really hard to justify to pay more. I´m just a stupid customer at the end :D

Cinebient wrote:
There are a few synth on iOS by now which are on par with the best desktop
Can you name those ios synths?
All of them :D

Amram wrote:
Cinebient wrote:
There are a few synth on iOS by now which are on par with the best desktop
Can you name those ios synths?
All of them :D
F.e. (bit that is of course my opinion only):
Model D, Zeeon, Model 15, Animoog The Virsyn apps are better than their desktop graves....
Then there are a lot you get also as desktop plug-in like the Korg synths like ArpOdyssei, iWavestation etc, DRC, PPG synths like Infinite and a few more.
Sunrizer is still one of my favorite for 90´s and has even more features on iOS like microtuning.
Then there are some unique synths like Mitosynth which is a kind of vector synthesis on steroids.
The new releases like Volt are also great and comes with MPE etc.
The list is long and i think for synths you would be well covered on iOS.
Where it still lacks is the general workflow, preset management and more high quality FX.
Otherwise to having the (maybe) best Minimoog emulation ever in my pocket for 5 bucks is quite unreal :D
If i let the FX off i think Model D, Zeeon and a few others are def. on par with Repro, P900; The Legend etc.
Some apps even have quite amazing FX like the zero delay feedback phaser in Zeeon.
So Zeeon might get a macO port (but not sure if that really happens) and if Moog would enter the desktop market i would be quite happy. I like to have crossplatform tools.
Now if U-he would start to make iOS apps........ :hihi:
Also the iOS community is mostly more friendly and like family. The sharing things and don´t bitch each other so often i see hear or gearslutz etc.

I just love the filter. Reacts so nice while live tweaking on the touch screen.
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/m ... r-tweaking

Nice 1.1.0 update.
Moog added, velocity, aftertouch and modwheel range.
You also can set up the sample rate now up to 96Khz .
Plus a lot other things.

Was $5 a special deal? It’s more than that for me.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Was $5 a special deal? It’s more than that for me.
That was a Moogfest deal, I believe. For just a couple of days around the 17th, or 18th of this month. That was the only reason I picked it up (though I'm glad I did). I already have at least 5 other apps that somehow emulate a Model D (though not quite as well). Not sure what to do with them now.

W23 wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:Was $5 a special deal? It’s more than that for me.
That was a Moogfest deal, I believe. For just a couple of days around the 17th, or 18th of this month. That was the only reason I picked it up (though I'm glad I did). I already have at least 5 other apps that somehow emulate a Model D (though not quite as well). Not sure what to do with them now.
..make some music :wink:

Cinebient wrote:Even starsky (he made comparisons between the software and a hardware Model D) said this app nailed the filter better than the others.
TBH, looking back, i don't exactly found his comparisons very good. He actually made some pretty big errors, when tuning the Monark filter in one of his comparison, for example.

Of course, having said that, that should not mean that the Model D app is bad, or inaccurate.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”