Solved:IK Multimedia want you to pay twice!

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, as opposed to most other app makers, IK Multimedia is asking me to pay twice (full price) to use the same app on my iphone instead of iPad. In this case iGrand.

Pretty much all other apps (other makers) work on either device. This is a bit of a gouge really imo, do others agree?

Apparently one can install the free version the download upgrades via "cloud" ....I'll try this and post an update. Only in the interests of others who do a google search on the same issue.

Sorry about the confusion there, the iCloud transfer is most commonly used on AmpliTube and other apps like iGrand Piano followed suit later. Apps like SampleTank and Syntronik were made Universal which simplifies the process and I definitely will ping the team about the possibility of going that route for other apps like iGrand Piano in the future to similarly simplify the process.

Edit - For some background information, in the past older iPad/iPhone devices were SO much different, we needed to produce these seperately to take advantage of each platforms differences but going forward Universal apps suit the growing and diverging platforms very well as the gap is quite slim between the platforms or the differences are not relevant to the function of audio apps and such.

Thanks Peter. Yes I can confirm that updating the app via the icloud transfer works fine! I now have the full app on my iPhone.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”