Recommendation of a XY Pad that I can sync with Ableton Live

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all,

I'm prepearing a surround performance and I use the Surround Panner of Ableton Live. Link below;

https://www.ableton.com/en/packs/surround-panner/

There are X-Y position knobs and a rotation knob on the device. I want to control this device via my iPad through a X-Y pad. I also need to see actual positioning visually on my ipad when I control the rotation knob. Rotation knob changes the position in the surround panorama independent from the X and Y values. When the rotation value is 90 degrees, then X becomes Y and Y becomes X (naturally).

A similar surround panner on ipad with it's own LFO and rotation settings would be working also, I can map the X and Y parameters with Ableton Live.

Is there a way to do this? Any recommendations would be helping.

Thanks in advance!!

Üstün

TBmidi stuff will do that.

I’d forgotten about TBmidi but looking at the App Store I think the Dev has too as people reporting it’s not working on some more recent iOS.

There’s Lemur (no updates for a while 2 years, expensive, I think I got it in a sale) and TouchOSC which still seems to get updates (at least 4 months ago) and the same Devs appear to have launched a v2 of TouchOSC so not sure if that will be getting the updates now.

I would also not recommend TB MIDI Stuff, while the app is great it has not been updated for 7 years. Like Lemur, it is abandoned.

So far for the big MIDI-Controller apps only MIDI Designer Pro and TouchOSC (MK2) have been mainteined probperly.

I don't think this is possible in MDP2 (no LFOs built-in for one thing), but... If you'd like, please post to our forum midiDesigner.com/qa (you'll have to register and then get approved) or just send us an email to support [at] mididesigner [dot] com to discuss this.

Best,
Dan
Dan Rosenstark
Author & CEO
MIDI Designer
dream | create | play
Your perfect MIDI Controller for iOS

I’ve done this for drawing when my old Wacom Tablet stopped working in my Mac Mini.

https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-use ... y-computer
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”