Borderlands 2.1

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After long time finally a bigger update. This is one of those apps which are just fantastic and really shows what a multi-touch music tool can do. One of my most favorite granular tools. I really like how you can "grab" a waveform (and mainly everything else) and do crazy things in realtime or how you can overlay endless waveforms if you want and whatever. These things just do not exist in any desktop plug-in. It just makes fun to experiment with it. It is a very special tool. I just love it and happy to see it still get some love.
https://vimeo.com/388744282

Cinebient wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:33 pm ...
It just makes fun to experiment with it. It is a very special tool. I just love it and happy to see it still get some love.
+1 :!:

Jakob Haq has uploaded a great guide/interview/tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lP9W2CnuIY

Shows the new waterfall/live input. This is what multi-touch music tools should do. Really great how you can interact.
https://vimeo.com/388714924

It is really great how you can interact... great update!

Didn’t realize there’s an update. Where’s my iPad...

I am finally home and have my iPad Pro at hand again... so I purchased and downloaded Borderlands.

It is without doubt the best granular synth I have used. Not even close! Very impressive and interactive.

pdxindy wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:00 am I am finally home and have my iPad Pro at hand again... so I purchased and downloaded Borderlands.

It is without doubt the best granular synth I have used. Not even close! Very impressive and interactive.
Yup! Effortless sliding, zooming and stacking of waveforms underneath the clouds. It just never gets old :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:41 am
pdxindy wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:00 am I am finally home and have my iPad Pro at hand again... so I purchased and downloaded Borderlands.

Yup! Effortless sliding, zooming and stacking of waveforms underneath the clouds. It just never gets old :tu:
And the ability to record and playback the movements of clouds, cloud parameters and waveforms makes it so easy to create complex and/or evolving movements/structures. Very impressive and fun!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssshruppooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeee
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

TheMaestro wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:30 am Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssshruppooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeee
Exactly!

AUv3?
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

benjamind wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:23 amAUv3?
No... though the developer said he wants to add it... but who knows when.

Also no midi support of any kind. You cannot play notes.

pdxindy wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:35 pm

But because its a totally different granular tool.
Its not a load a sample and play it on a keyboard type of granular and never will be i think but its one of the most unique granular sound design tools. I like it 100 times more than something like Crusher X which i find totally unmusical.

Cinebient wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:36 pm
pdxindy wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:35 pm

But because its a totally different granular tool.
Its not a load a sample and play it on a keyboard type of granular and never will be i think but its one of the most unique granular sound design tools. I like it 100 times more than something like Crusher X which i find totally unmusical.
It's not a problem for me... I have more than enough tools to play midi notes using granular synthesis. People should know though what it is and what it isn't.

I haven't tried moving audio on and off my iPad Pro to my laptop for use in my DAW. That may end up being a frustrating process, but in and of itself, Borderlands 2.1 is easily to most fun and useful granular synth I have used.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”