Drambo (modular groovebox and more)

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My personal project is creating an octatrack like configuration for live production.

Cinebient wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:56 am You can download this and more here:
https://patchstorage.com/platform/drambo/
Can someone explain how to import patches? The usual way with sharing or importing via itunes does not work. Drambo is not listed...

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:55 pm
Cinebient wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:56 am You can download this and more here:
https://patchstorage.com/platform/drambo/
Can someone explain how to import patches? The usual way with sharing or importing via itunes does not work. Drambo is not listed...
I think they work on a better way but until then you just have to download the presets via safari on your idevice.
Then open Drambo.
Now open Generator/Instrument rack/presets or Processor/Processor rack/presets, depending if the patch is a generator or a processor.
Here there is an import option which then open the iOS files app where you should see your downloaded Drambo presets.
Not the best workflow on earth and it is a pain for me since the files app is garbage but it works at least.
I would much prefer Dropbox f.e. or anything else which do not need this hell of iOS files app.

Does not work here at all. When I try to download in Safari, I get an option to save it to a folder of all kinds of apps, but there is no Drambo folder to save it to... I don‘t think it makes sense to save it to any of those listed other app folders...
There does not seem to be a files app on my iPad btw...

Which iOS version are you using?

Is your iPad running an old version of iOS?

Now that i played more with it i like it even more. Really my favorite modular tool now. Maybe even replace P900 finally since i can get close enough (beside the delay and reverb) but it does so much more.
It won´t replace all my VA but most of the time i can get close enough to be pleased and then can add things limited just to my imagination.
Then when it will get more features (like f.e. granular samplers) it just can get better.
If this had a dedicated piano roll and AUv3 hosting (maybe in the future) it could be even my new DAW.

Cinebient wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:14 am Now that i played more with it i like it even more. Really my favorite modular tool now. Maybe even replace P900 finally since i can get close enough (beside the delay and reverb) but it does so much more.
It won´t replace all my VA but most of the time i can get close enough to be pleased and then can add things limited just to my imagination.
Then when it will get more features (like f.e. granular samplers) it just can get better.
If this had a dedicated piano roll and AUv3 hosting (maybe in the future) it could be even my new DAW.
I like it, but it is still a groovebox and limited to sequencing notes, not playing them. So it will have limited utility for me. It would need a lot more than a piano roll and plugin support to be a full DAW.

It is not going to replace my Elektron boxes cause I far prefer real hands on controls to a screen.

pdxindy wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:39 pm
Cinebient wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:14 am Now that i played more with it i like it even more. Really my favorite modular tool now. Maybe even replace P900 finally since i can get close enough (beside the delay and reverb) but it does so much more.
I like it, but it is still a groovebox and limited to sequencing notes, not playing them. So it will have limited utility for me. It would need a lot more than a piano roll and plugin support to be a full DAW.

It is not going to replace my Elektron boxes cause I far prefer real hands on controls to a screen.
Ähh, no. You just can create poly monster synths and play them like you would play any other synth.
That is the nice thing with Drambo. The groove box thing is just the bonus for me.
I use it much more for creating and playing synths i do just with my other synths.
Want a 8 voice 20 OSC per voice synth, some minutes and you are ready to go.

Cinebient wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:08 pm
pdxindy wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:39 pm I like it, but it is still a groovebox and limited to sequencing notes, not playing them. So it will have limited utility for me. It would need a lot more than a piano roll and plugin support to be a full DAW.

Ähh, no. You just can create poly monster synths and play them like you would play any other synth.
That is the nice thing with Drambo. The groove box thing is just the bonus for me.
I use it much more for creating and playing synths i do just with my other synths.
Can you direct midi to each of the tracks?

pdxindy wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:51 pm
Cinebient wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:08 pm
pdxindy wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:39 pm I like it, but it is still a groovebox and limited to sequencing notes, not playing them. So it will have limited utility for me. It would need a lot more than a piano roll and plugin support to be a full DAW.

Can you direct midi to each of the tracks?
You can record midi notes into the sequencer via live input.

Starting from scratch, my synth on track 1 goes to track A (reverb) no matter what I do, at the same time I want to add reverb to another synth on track 4 with no success (send-to-A knob in Main does nothing).

So basically, no idea how sends work :hihi:

waiting man wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:32 am Starting from scratch, my synth on track 1 goes to track A (reverb) no matter what I do, at the same time I want to add reverb to another synth on track 4 with no success (send-to-A knob in Main does nothing).

I can recommend the manual. :)
Or watch this at minute 4:06...
https://youtu.be/zDnehiJJi30

Cinebient wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:03 pm
waiting man wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:32 am Starting from scratch, my synth on track 1 goes to track A (reverb) no matter what I do, at the same time I want to add reverb to another synth on track 4 with no success (send-to-A knob in Main does nothing).

I can recommend the manual. :)
Or watch this at minute 4:06...
https://youtu.be/zDnehiJJi30
oh yes, the vid helped a lot :tu:

I'm quite enjoying Drambo. Two things I wish Drambo had... individual timing per track and multiple outputs. Seems like both of those are on the way!!

I've mainly used my iPad Pro for drawing projects, but between Borderlands and Drambo, I am having a lot of fun making music with it. Inter-app audio is very easy and straightforward.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”