Android MIDI controller app?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wondering if anyone's using one of these?

I tried a couple of freebies, one wouldn't connect, another had horrible jerky knob behaviour (...), one looked interesting (design your own layouts) but no demo only paid version.

Any recommendations?

Just need simple midi ccs out for ableton and reaper, wired or wireless, doesn't matter.

Cheers.

I use TouchOSC. I've not used it for sliders / knobs, only buttons, I'm afraid. With Reaper and a few of my own scripts. It's mostly reliable. (My mic toggle sometimes goes weird, sending the whole thing dizzy. Before I added that, it had been fine...) It's a shame Reaper's OSC support isn't more flexible, really. As with so much of Reaper, it feels (good but) unfinished.

Thanks. I tried a different osc app last night briefly but don't think I had reaper configured correctly, loads of messages received, probably had a feedback loop :) I'll try again when I have time to concentrate properly.

pljones wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:28 pm I use TouchOSC.
Thanks, in the end I bought this and have it working pretty good with Reaper. Using the supplied templates like LogicPad it's very usable, I have one issue where the plugin selector is flipped but I'll work on that. I tried customising a layout and it didn't work at all so guess I need to work on the Reaper osc files more.

I tried an Ableton layout too but that was problematic, could generally control things but got no feedback in the app.

So at this stage, pretty happy, £3.99 as opposed to a new hardware controller, win! ;)

Oh yes. Definite win:
Image Image
Mostly OSC (first 5 tabs), plus one MIDI controller. The "Microphone" and "Online Services" are MIDI, IIRC. Plus it uses ReaScript to get it all to work with some fairly dirty hacks.

More over at https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=202734

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”