Small feature request :)
A few shortcuts to:
  • Toggle between Composition View and Part/Line at Playback Position
  • Zoom in/out the workspace horizontally
  • Zoom in/out the track vertically

KVRian
1222 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Post Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:26 pm

Hello Attila! I would ask you to add the ability to the Loop Options (Region) the ability not only to type with the buttons to set the length of the region, but to set them by "drag the mouse up and down". Thanks.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

4376 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Post Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:11 am

Hello lulukom,

this is implemented in the new beta version, v4.2b3.

Thanks,
Attila
lulukom wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:26 pm
Hello Attila! I would ask you to add the ability to the Loop Options (Region) the ability not only to type with the buttons to set the length of the region, but to set them by "drag the mouse up and down". Thanks.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Innovative music software for creative musicians - home of RapidComposer, Melodya and Syne

sj1
KVRian
513 posts since 13 Mar, 2017

Post Sun May 02, 2021 11:21 am

I'd like to suggest adding to Rapid Composer the ability to export a Music XML file of the Master Track, by which I basically mean the chord progression (plus key, tempo, time sig).

This would allow other programs and apps to load in a chord progression initially defined in RC. which is a great environment in which to do such.

This would be very similar to the current 'Export Chords as Text', but just packaged according to Music XML, which is a standard (and which is not all that complicated at this simple level).

sj1
KVRian

Post Sun May 02, 2021 11:25 am

While I'm on the subject of Music XML, I 'd like to suggest giving Rapid Composer the ability to import Music XML (the chords) as well.

I note for example that Band-in-a-Box can export chords as Music XML, so it would be great if any of the thousands of songs (chord progressions) already available for BIAB could be brought into RC as progressions with by just a) Music XML export from BIAB followed by b) Music XML import into RC.

sj1
KVRian

Post Sun May 02, 2021 11:38 am

Turning to a completely different particular possibility of synergy, I think it would be fantastic if the world of Rapid Composer and the world of Melody Paths could be linked up.

Understanding chord progressions with the IFR exercise "Melody Paths"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqm9XPlwEu8

Imagine if any progression inside RC could be converted (and/or exported) into a melody path chart by a simple button press.

Or, perhaps a separate app to do it rather than RC itself.

The point in my eyes is that RC already has a fantastic database of chords. A Melody Path chart is merely a columnar representation of any chord progression showing now the notes comprising each chord fall inside a single octave. IOW, half or more of the work has already been done. It's fundamentally just a matter of output formatting to bring it on home.

Whether as a formal collaboration between Music Developments and IFR, or not, or as something done inside Rapid Composer, or not, I think the musical education enhancement potential here is very high, and programmatically, the job could be considered to be low-hanging fruit!

KVRer
8 posts since 5 May, 2020

Post Wed May 05, 2021 12:39 am

Please, add some tool for quick editing of pitch bend and attaching it to melody and rhythm patterns (not just to some moments in time).

As I think, it could be just a simple bezier curves with two controllers, and it is much more convenient, than now, because now user has to try to draw series of bars by mouse and, moreover, has to draw it from the center value or to the center value, not just from zero, that would be much easier. And has to do it every time from scratch, not being able even to move it through timeline.

Pitch bend is very common in electro-guitar tracks, and, now, it is main slowing factor inside the program, which radically speeds up all other things.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”