Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

+1
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

Hello lulukom,

thank you for this request, it is implemented now.
You will find it in the phrase inspector, below the "Replace Master Track Chords" option.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Thanks Attila!
I understand that this will be in the new beta version?))

Yes, exactly. I am planning to upload a new beta version on Saturday or Sunday.
Thank you for your patience.
Attila

Hello Attila!
I want to remember our old discussion about master tracks individually for each track ...
I think that is far from it! ))
But what could have been much nearer - is the use of different scales for individual tracks.
That's how I imagine it's about:

Thank you ! Sincerely

Thank you, lulukom, this is not forgotten at all.

Yes, I also wanted to recall the inconvenience of two years ago))
Chord Pallete / More ... -Every time I have to click "More" button. Possible to fix the value by pressing the "More"?

Right, this will be fixed in v3.3. This update will be all about chords and chords selection, suggestion, entering, making the workflow faster and easier. Even in the next beta version (this weekend) you will find many improvements. RapidComposer now suggests borrowed chords, which can make even the most boring chord progression exciting. I was amazed when I used it. But you will see :)

Attila

Thank you ! We look forward! )

Similar to the Extension capability found in many of the phrase generators, I would like to see another option in all of the (applicable) phrase generators that alters the chord notes available to be used by the phrase generator. Instead of doubling chord notes (as the Extension feature does), I would like to be able to remove chord notes from being used by the phrase generator; possibly call it a Reduction.

In the Arpeggiator, for instance, it would allow me to create arpeggio phrases that only contain the root and fifth of the chords, or just the chord roots:

Since any particular chord on the master track may contain any scale degree, the chord note filtering mechanism could work by way of selecting allowable scale degrees by their number or their name (here showing the root/tonic and fifth/dominant scale degrees)

or possibly select the allowable chord notes from a one octave keyboard normalized to the C-Major scale (here showing the root and perfect fifth scale degrees):

The filtering mechanism could also be implemented in reverse; in other words, select the chord notes to omit, rather than the ones to permit.

Does this make sense, Attila?
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

+1 for tonedef71. i think it is a very good idea, because i notice that when use chords with more than 3 notes and use arp, arp do not produce so good melodies
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

A little request for the idea tool:

I often just click some phrases together just too hear how they sound in context. Afterwards I began to get a feeling in which sequence they might sound good. Problem: It is not possible to alter the order of the prases in the idea tool phrases selection box.

So it would be really great if this would be possible to just drag and drop the phrases into a wished order (or just have a +/- to get them up/down inside the box if thats easier to program). The arrangement order is not really helpful for that, it comes behind that general order.

At the moment I will have to write all phrases I wish to use for evry track on a paper, remove all, add all in the wished order, thats really painful.

@tatanka this problem i have too and i try the phrase container to solve this and order matching phrases. but currently it choose 1. and second phrase by random ands regenerate. if phrase container can work without random and can move phrases then it can help.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Hi magicmusic,

does phrase container now work in idea tool without problems ?

I have tried it out a few versions ago there it just crashes RC, so I just dont use it anymore.

Hello !
tonedef71 wrote about the arpeggiator ...
I would like an arpeggiator with ample opportunities (including a polyphonic arpeggiator) that would work in real time from the midi keyboard. In order to be able to take chords on the MIDI keyboard and simultaneously adjust the arpeggiator sliders, and after obtaining a satisfactory result, write the result to a track and convert it into relative phrases (but it's better to immediately write the result into relative phrases with the choice of the conversion algorithm))))

Return to “MusicDevelopments”