Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
KVRian
935 posts since 19 Jun, 2006 from Berlin, Germany

Post Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:53 am

I'd like to see a feature for easily splitting Structure Parts (see the workflow in my recent video at https://youtu.be/KRSPde1DLc4?t=40 ).
I imagine a way to split a Structure Part into Lines by placing the "playhead" cursor and telling RC to split the Structure at the desired location, similar to how it's done with splitting Phrases.
This would simplify matters like change of key signature (like in the video) very much.
In case this feature was already suggested or already exists and I just overlooked it, please disregard my suggestion.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

4296 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Post Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:05 am

Yes, you are right, this is badly missing...
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Innovative music software for creative musicians - home of RapidComposer, Melodya and Syne

KVRian
935 posts since 19 Jun, 2006 from Berlin, Germany

Post Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:22 am

My latest feature request is: Make scale changes for multiple chords at once possible by shift-selecting and right-click.
See my failed attempts at doing this in https://youtu.be/lRZ8laP-mLE?t=202

sj1
KVRist
488 posts since 13 Mar, 2017

Post Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:05 am

I could definitely see trying experiments with scale changes per chord and then deciding the experiment failed and wanting to choose multiple chords and set them all back to a single scale in a single operation.

KVRAF
3105 posts since 3 Oct, 2013 from Budapest

Post Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:21 am

is it possible to change not the current but next chord in chord selector (maybe with a modifier key, shift + ... )
I would like to leave alone the current chord and changing the next Isus2 one instead for ex.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:37 am

If you click on the "Next >" button (under the "For Master Track" tab), you will jump to the next chord.
Innovative music software for creative musicians - home of RapidComposer, Melodya and Syne

KVRian
1170 posts since 15 May, 2017

Post Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:46 am

I'd love mouse wheel scroll for the chord selector, in addition to the scroll bars.. love that in the phrase browser, for example..

KVRer
11 posts since 6 Jan, 2017

Post Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:09 am

My dream to compile a database of unique phrases from the 1 million yamaha styles available from Indian online store still holds. I have tried many options like this tool i purchased from EMC Style Works - here style factory that has a UNIQUE Style Phrase Library with 10,461 (unique) parts shipped. Unfortunately a proprietary format for small phrases: *.phr. That works only inside soft! Thus cannot use in Rapid Composer or reaper (~unless export one by one :help: )

My Wish~!

This same database tool where i can break yamaha styles into components (dozen of tools online for this on yamaha forum in java format) and filter (quite) unique parts to fill this database tool (TIGHTLY integrated in RapidComposer of COUrse!!!)

The Melody Editor is a charm!~ Amazing as usual~ Take care~ Jean-Paul RUCHE
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KVRAF
1787 posts since 10 Mar, 2004

Post Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:22 pm

a wacky idea of the lockdown days :oops:

wouldn't be useful :?:
if we have one more option in the Idea Tool
"Replace Existing phrase"
scenario:
a track with a phrase that looped in whole Part
with Phase / Lock to Scale ON settings
aim:
keep this loop & lock to scale settings then just replace the phrase content with the Randomize

most of the time i like this (much more) smooth changes according to upper one
:roll: :pray:
compare 2.jpg
example 2
CMPR2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KVRAF

Post Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:06 pm

wacky 2 :hihi:
LD wacky2.jpg

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:43 am

Hi Jean-Paul,

If I had a few days this would not be difficult to do. Yamaha styles are standard MIDI files with markers. I renamed some .STY file to .MID and loaded into Reaper. We would have to split the MIDI tracks at the marker positions, and convert the notes to phrases, and save them.

I wanted to add multi-track phrases in RC where these style files could be used more easily. I just don't know how this would work... how a single phrase may have notes in several tracks at once. Probably a single track with multiple channels (instruments) would work for this purpose.
jemsoo7 wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:09 am
The Melody Editor is a charm!~ Amazing as usual~ Take care~ Jean-Paul RUCHE
Thank you!
Stay safe!
Attila

KVRAF

Post Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:38 am

if i am not missing something obvious,
it would be really great if we have a button/shortcut key
for reset the slice order in the Slice Phrase Variation :love:

:pray:

KVRian
1196 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Post Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:50 am

+1

KVRian

Post Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:50 am

Hi Attila!
About Track and Phrase Variations ...
I would very much like to be able to turn off the selected variations all at once and turn on all the selected ones at once again to compare the sound of the changes (In the Inspectors and Track and Phrases).
And also I want to have a Track Render directly on the Track or on the New Track and the reverse action (and not just saving the MIDI File or the Track Template, although this is all very necessary). Thank !

KVRian

Post Fri May 01, 2020 11:22 am

Hi Attila!
As I understand it, soon we should meet the long-awaited opportunity to work with phrase controllers ..
I would like to add that it would be very important to take into account some features that, for example, exist in my DAW Digital Performer. Thank .

Return to “MusicDevelopments”