Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

AxBC wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:07 pm Is it possible to add a setting for a default Chord Rules that would be applied to a new composition?
I agree.

I think it makes perfect sense both to have new composition Settings defaults for the items mentioned, and also to have any saved Template file carry this info as saved.

Hi,
Hope everyone doing fine,
Lately i just found out that RC's converted phrases or just saved phrases does not contain cc values like Pitch, modulation or expression, just the note velocity. Not only that even when you drag as midi into the compositions RC omits those values, but it works in midi import section. As "lulukom" has mentioned in a previous post about this issue during drag and drop, but this issue occurs also in the all saved phrases that is created within RC with cc values.

Secondly pls consider this as a FUTURE REQUEST (this is just my imagination/idea just to make things easier)
A preview section which is not associated with the browser and entirely independent, might be a huge upgrade, and really really helpfull to all of us (i guess) like this one here
RC3.jpg
in the image u can see a line which i use for auditioning phrases and playing with it until i find something interesting, but the downside is, i have to scroll through or drag or move that line to my current part/line im working for ease.
By including this feature, it make these kind of workflow much easier with saved or collected phrases, like for e.g. copying the notes in a phrase to different tracks or selecting specific parts in a phrase and using it, rather than dropping a 64 or much bigger phrase into composition where u have something going on already and messing up with it. yeah i know there is phrase editor, but i find it only useful for working with phrases in a specific chord.
As i am not a trained musician i cannot elaborate on this much further, i ll leave it to the experts here on this forum.

p.s for any one wondering what scroll up and down is, its just scroll bar through my imagination of how RC4 with docked browser would look like.
Also ive shared some info on resources to share.
Cheers.. :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Is chord substitution already implemented in Rapid Composer pro. Feature wise like in Mapping tonal harmony pro 8 would be great but then with the advantages of rapid composer with quickly drop midi files in the daw and not only ios or ipad.

Feature request -

Double-click on horizontal scroll bar to toggle zoom out to full composition and back.

Hallo, I would like to see an AUMFX (Audio Unit Midi FX) version of Radpicomposer for Logic Pro X. This would make things much easier in Logic Pro X. Cheers!

Hallo Michelle,
I managed to build AU synth and AU MIDI FX, so from the next update (v4.03) both will be installed (on macOS of course).
Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

It would be nice, if you add these features.

1. Table of chords, that already used in composition: their names, piano schemes, colors (like in nowday Chord Selector).

2. Similar tab in Chord Selector for quick adding repeating chords (now it can be saved in chord sequence, but it is not usable for sequence variations).

3. Standard guitar chord schemes in Used Chords Table and in Chord Selector.

…and more suggestions.

1. Option for Composition mode to show scale degrees (I, III, V e.t.c) — like in Melody Editor tab. It can show steps of scale, written under currently selected "address" — Composition, Part or Line.

2. Mode to show custom text near some notes — like it is now in "percussion mode". It is useful for instruments with articulations (many of Kontact ones). Some key in them are used to change articulations or to control instrument behavior, but now it is hard to see, which notes are real notes and which are control keys. On the other hand, "percussion mode" shows custom text (like "snare" etc), so, I can use it to show control keys names, but it doesn't show notes length — just "drum diamonds".

I know, I can make custom rcCTRL-file with named articulations and control set, and right-click-select them for phrases and notes. It is good for phrase or line articulation, but not for things like a guitar strumming or so.

RapidComposer already allows to save "strumming with keys" as a phrase, but in the editor it looks like common notes. If it will be possible to show rcCTRL-file articulation names near notes of "vertical keyboard", everyone will be able to see, this note is a strumming down-stroke, that note is a up-stroke, other is a main bass note… For violin it can be "muted note trigger", for electric guitar it can be "one tone bend", etc.

So, mixed mode would be nice for such instruments.

Coloring for such articulation triggers on "vertical keyboard" and in editor main workspace, to clearly distinguish between common notes and control ones, would be nice too.

not exactly a feature request (because i am not sure about it) but kind a thinking out loud

wouldn't be useful if we have in all generators:
"Notes To Use" & "Rhythm" sections by default? :roll:

EDIT:
idea popped up while messing with the generators:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXMOA_B8ngs

Yes, that was my intention. All phrase generators have "Rhythm" except for Strings Staccato, where a separate rhythm pattern is generated for each note used.

I went through all phrase generators, and it would be possible to specify "Notes To Use" for these ones:
Modern Chord Pattern Generator
Strum Pattern Generator

The following don't have a "Notes To Use" setting, as it would make the UI very complex or it makes no sense:
Dyads Run always uses scale notes.
Markov Melody uses scale notes and it jumps to other scale notes. It makes no sense to add "Notes To Use" here
Melody Generator
Motive Generator has none. It builds rhythm in itself, and notes according to the melody settings.
Ostinato Generator: it would make sense to add "Notes To Use" but specifying the order of notes would make it unnecessarily complex.
Piano Chord Pattern: it would make sense to add "Notes To Use" but specifying the order of notes would make it unnecessarily complex.
Piano Run works with chord notes in different octaves.
Random Melody has Rhythm only, like Melody Generator it works on scale notes
Strings Staccato uses chord notes in different octaves

yellukhan wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:48 am not exactly a feature request (because i am not sure about it) but kind a thinking out loud

wouldn't be useful if we have in all generators:
"Notes To Use" & "Rhythm" sections by default? :roll:
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hello Attila!
I would like to make a proposal for a improvement to the Browser, without which it is rather inconvenient to do some work. It's about the Files tab. It will be best if I give a practical example.
Suppose I need to listen to a lot midi files in order to select the ones that suit me for Composition in RC.
I create a track in the RC, open the Files tab in the Browser. Then I turn on Play and start dragging the midi files onto the head of the track one by one. The playback of the song plays and the midi files that I drag and drop on the head of the track replace each other. Thus, I listen and select the midi files suitable for my composition. In order for this to become convenient, only:
- Chain icon to automatically replace the selected file in the track with a file from the browser, as it has already been done for the Phrases tab ,
-Reload icon for files as it is already done for the Phrases tab ,
-Add on the right mouse button the icon Favorit (Heart Icon)) and Search for your Favorites ,
- And it is possible for the Files (midi files) tab to add a Play button (Midi File Player),
-And it would be absolutely great to add Takes to each track, for instant selection of accumulated and ready-to-use phrases or midi files .
Thanks.

What would be nicer is if instead of having a bunch of phrases loaded, why not present only the material that matches the beat content of the track. Sort of like how Toontrack does it with their products. It could be an option that's enabled, that way you can index the library and search that. You may have to use a little bit of AI magic, but once indexed it'll be easier to manage.
It might be asking for too much, but it's just a thought.
~Thanks!

Hi Attila.
Minor request but is there any chance of having a "return to start" button on the transport panel in the phrase editor.
Cheers.
Mike.

Mykyndryd_ wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:21 am Hi Attila.
Minor request but is there any chance of having a "return to start" button on the transport panel in the phrase editor.
Cheers.
Mike.
space bar does that for play back, but, it would be nice to have that as well..

BluGenes wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:25 am
Mykyndryd_ wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:21 am Hi Attila.
Cheers.
Mike.
space bar does that for play back, but, it would be nice to have that as well..
Didn't know space bar did that - thanks Gene.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”