Bug reports

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fyler RapidComposer

Dear Attila. I am still experiencing heavy crashes every time I am working with Rapid composer. I checked everything you told me to check. So, the problem is if RC is as VST plugin, my DAW Reaper crashes when you trying to open another Reaper song after you saved song with RC, RC plugin window very often does not close after I am closing Reaper etc.
I am experiencing it during 6 months or more. I reinstalled the RC, checked if there any other versions of RC somewhere, I made sure that Reaper has got right RC vst path etc.
I had to delete all Rapidcomposer vst plugins from my projects to eliminate crashes.

Windows 7 64
Reaper 5.40
Rapidcomposer

Dear Attila. I am still experiencing heavy crashes every time I am working with Rapid composer. I checked everything you told me to check. So, the problem is if RC is as VST plugin, my DAW Reaper crashes when you trying to open another Reaper song after you saved song with RC, RC plugin window very often does not close after I am closing Reaper etc.
I am experiencing it during 6 months or more. I reinstalled the RC, checked if there any other versions of RC somewhere, I made sure that Reaper has got right RC vst path etc.
I had to delete all Rapidcomposer vst plugins from my projects to eliminate crashes.

Windows 7 64
Reaper 5.40
Rapidcomposer 3.3 b10 64

Hi Krovatin,
this is sad. I always found the VST very reliable with Reaper which I use for testing all the time. I'll make sure the plug-in is tested thoroughly in the next days.
I am sorry for the inconveniences.
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Thanks.

I am not quite techy person, but it looks like Reaper could not find or write last RC VST file.
It is always Untitled.rcCOMP as I right understand. And path is c: users/myname/My Documents/Rapidcomposer 3.

The way it works is that you don't have to save or load anything in RapidComposer. It is the responsibility of the host to save and restore the plug-in (RC) state. It is not a good idea for example to load a composition which was prepared using the standalone version. The track instruments (either SF2/VSTi or MIDI) will not work in the VST plug-in, possibly causing problems. It was a long time ago when I last checked this behaviour.

The track instruments (either SF2/VSTi or MIDI) will not work in the VST plug-in
I am pretty aware about it and never expect it will work. My case is different, for example, today I opened Reaper project with RC as vst, feeding 3 midi channels, I removed RC as VST plugin, now I have to do it, becase it crushing every time. After removing RC I tryed to save my Reaper project and it crushed and did not save the project without RC. I had to do it again and again, and it crushed 3-4 times. I managed to save it only after I removed track where RC use to be. A lot of fun! Without RC my Reaper is pretty stable.

Screen not drawing correctly.. 3.3 release.. win 10 ..

Hello Attila!
And just one more addition:
Thank you .

BluGenes wrote:Screen not drawing correctly.. 3.3 release.. win 10 ..
This is weird. It works well on my Win10. I hope it happened only once, and next time you start RapidComposer it will display the labels using a smaller font... :?

Thanks,
Attila

I saw the large/bad font yesterday, it went away after I exited and restarted. This is on Windows 7 using only the stand alone version. Looked just like those screenshots.
-Matt

Hi Attlia,

thank you very much for Version 3.3!

Some suggestions about the new chord-building modes:

I think it would be good if you could use every chord in circle of fifths-mode. Not just the diatonic ones like it is now.
Give the user a hint through the colour-scheme, but still let him/her try every other possible chord for extended experimentation.

And it would be great if you could circle through the different "progression modes" ( CoF-Mode, Cord-Builder-Mode, Keyboard-Mode ...) I find myself closing and re-opening the window again and again if I'd like to try another "progression-mode" for finding the next chord.

And there is a bug in Note Editing-Mode.
When I grab a note and try to move it, I get unexspected jumping notes. Sometimes an octave higher, sometimes a couple of semitones lower.

Naming of the notes also gets messed up during moving. I grab a note, hold it and move it, RC shows "G#3" , I let go of the note, click it again, RC now shows "E3" (which is correct).
If I do this several times with the same note, the jumping stops and it behaves normally.
But with a new phrase and a new note I try to move, I get the jumping again.

This happens in Standalone and Plugin-Version (in Reaper 5.5) on Windows 7, 64-bit.

By the way, I started using Reaper because I heard a lot of good stuff about it and I saw that you use it for testing the plugin-version.
With my main DAW (Ableton Live 9) the plugin version didn't work very good, but with Reaper it's so far really easy and stable.

Sunny greetings,
Pete

Hi Pete,

thank you for the feedback.
I am aware of the jumping notes bug which was not easy for me to reproduce but I have seen it several times. I'll do my best fix that in the next few days.
I think it would be good if you could use every chord in circle of fifths-mode. Not just the diatonic ones like it is now.
Can you elaborate on that? I could add dominant 7ths like on this chart, but how do all chords fit on it? :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9h93484dxnq6ss/Circle.pdf
And it would be great if you could circle through the different "progression modes" ( CoF-Mode, Cord-Builder-Mode, Keyboard-Mode ...) I find myself closing and re-opening the window again and again if I'd like to try another "progression-mode" for finding the next chord
Interesting. Do you mean some method to quickly switch between Co5ths, MIDI Keyboard and Chord Builder, for example tabs at the top?
I keep looking for ways to improve the workflow, so these suggestions are very useful for me.

Thanks,
Attila

Hi Attila,

about the Circle of Fifths: I have to admit I was thinking about the CoF in EZKeys when I wrote this.

It highlights the diatonic chords, but also lets you choose anything else. Here at 2.23 there's a picture of it: https://youtu.be/wTMuazslpNY?t=2m23s

Let's say you're in C Major. With this CoF, you could still try A Major of F Minor, while knowing that you're not completely in C Major anymore, because of the "diatonic tipps" the colour-scheme gives you.

If we could circle through the "progression-modes" (via tabs or little arrows), we could then refine that non-diatonic chord and turn the A Major-Cord, for example, into A add9.

Sunny greetings,
Pete

+1

Sounds like an awsome idea. I dont really need ezkeys but I almost bought it on sale because of exactly this reason I thought it was well laid out.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Return to “MusicDevelopments”