KVRAF
3573 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Post Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:48 am

spassbeisaite wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:42 am
Wrong Note Parameters in Composition Window

Is that a bug or a feature? :help:
It is actually a feature :oops: :)
You made a good point. I try to explain.
When RC works with chords, it refers to chord notes by their index (root/first=0, second note=1, third note=2...etc). I used to display this differently in the past, like Ch#1, Ch#2, Ch#3 but that was also cryptic. Because the second note is typically the 3rd, and the third note is usually the 5th, I decided to show "3rd" for the second chord note, and "5th" for the 3rd chord note, even though this is misleading. E.g. because of this, the middle note of sus2 is still labelled as "3rd", and the 3rd note in a diminished chord is labelled as "5th".

Some operations like editing voicing create a new chord internally, but this messes up the order of chord notes, so the new bottom note becomes the root/first, etc. The phrases do not access the original chord, think of it as a pipeline when everything is transformed from one form to the other.

In the phrase editor it is important to know which notes are chord relative notes, but in the composition I don't think it matters how an original chord note was transformed and rendered to get the final MIDI note. In the future 'chord variations' will be added to the master track which will make this even more complicated.

I do not know yet how to fix this, but some kind of mapping from the original chord notes would be needed. Probably I will remove this display option entirely because it makes more problems than it solves. Thanks for bringing this up!
spassbeisaite wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:42 am
I Use the Track Display Option "Show Note Parameters (Original, Not Transposed)"
BTW: What means "Original, Not Transposed" exactly?
When transposing a phrase using the 'Phrase' transpose option to preserve the shape, in this case the chord notes are transposed, so the indexes are rearranged, like when voicing is edited.
I am sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,
Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Innovative music software for creative musicians - home of RapidComposer and Syne

alienaircraftmusic
KVRer
18 posts since 26 Mar, 2018

Re: Bug reports

Post Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:52 am

I'm not sure if this is a bug but I have been having some issues with overlapping font...For example, where the cursor is, in the image that I uploaded

MacOS Mojave 10.14.5
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MacOS 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Studio One 4.6
Rapid Composer, Orb Composer

musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Post Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:02 am

Yes, this is definitely wrong. The UI element that arranges buttons based on the width has a small problem.
The good news is that I fixed a similar bug some days ago in the same element, which will probably fix this layout issue.

Thanks for reporting it!
Attila
Innovative music software for creative musicians - home of RapidComposer and Syne

jgyoungmdaic
KVRer
9 posts since 13 Mar, 2015

Re: RapidComposer v3.8 released! (September 9, 2019)

Post Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:55 am

I clicked on the new slice feature and nothing happens?? Am I missing a step? Nothing also happens with Double Phrase, Extract notes, Mirror Vertically,Permute chord notes, and Triple Phrase.
jgyoungmd

musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Post Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:29 am

(I moved your post here from the announcement topic - I forgot to lock it)

You need to add these variations to a phrase or track to use them (in the Phrase or Track Inspector). Clicking on Variations Browser does not have an effect. You can however drag and drop variations from the browser to phrases.

spassbeisaite
KVRer
19 posts since 12 Feb, 2018

Post Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:08 pm

Right click on a phrase magnet causes the program to crash reproducibly.
RC 3.8 | Mac OSX 10.11.6.
Left click works.

musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Post Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:20 pm

Thank you! I am fixing this bug.
v3.81 will be uploaded later today with the fix.
Thanks again for reporting this!
Attila

musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Post Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:03 am

The crashing bug on macOS is fixed in v3.81 which is available for downloading now.

spassbeisaite
KVRer

Post Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:11 am

Thank You! :clap:

spassbeisaite
KVRer

Post Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:23 pm

User Interface Theme "OS Y" (I'm still using this on my old macbook)
The newly added buttons (speaker and V) in the master track header become black squares when activated. They should appear inverted.
It's just a small issue. But I don't think I can solve it myself.
Thanks.

musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Post Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:36 pm

You can fix that by setting "Track Header Button Selected Graphics" to the preferred color:

The "OS Y" UI theme is old and probably does not include this newer setting.
Thanks,
Attila

spassbeisaite
KVRer

Post Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:59 am

Thanks, I found the setting. :)

BluGenes
KVRian
581 posts since 15 May, 2017

Post Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:11 am

A render bug found.. Not rendering variations after several renders.. (I didn't say that in the video).. In the video, the phrase that I use, was rendered once before with the variation double note. I then copied that phrase to a new track. It may be the way I did this, is wrong. It may be a ghost copy and that may be why I am seeing the results that I am seeing.. just want clarification.. ;)

EDIT: It was a ghost copy.. no problem now..

[video deleted]

thebutler
KVRist
150 posts since 9 Oct, 2013 from uk

Post Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:06 am

Hi Attila - thanks for the new v3.81 release... :wink:

A small niggle;
Settings->Miscellaneous->New Track->Default Instrument For New Tracks

Hovering over the choices for this option, the tool-tip hint is incorrect (Add 'MIDI Pan' by default to new tracks).

Cheers,
Bob
Last edited by thebutler on Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Win10;i7; 16Gb; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v10.0.50; Wavelab Pro v10; StudioOne v4.5.4; UR44 audio/MIDI; HS80 and Equator D5 monitoring. Komplete 12; Stylus RMX

musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Post Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:07 am

I am sorry, ghost copies used to have a different shade (less saturation) for the notes, but now I realized they look the same. This will be fixed shortly.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”