Bug reports

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
KVRist
81 posts since 26 Feb, 2016

Post Sun May 03, 2020 5:09 pm

Thanks for your interest in solving this thing, but as I stated above...

"I just went thru the whole testing process again with that magnet off. The problem still remains . After saving and re-opening, that phrase and one other phrase is changed in several places."

Magnets were only used when I started trouble shooting. I've done extensive test with NO magnets whatsoever and still got the same results unfortunately.
I just tried substituting the Random Melody Generator for the Melody Generator and it had the same issues (no magnets involved) ;)

BTW, I did try your suggestion, but got the same results as before. Thanks for trying!

At this point I give up. Hopefully Attila will find the problem so I can start using RC again.

KVRian
1185 posts since 15 May, 2017

Post Mon May 04, 2020 12:00 am

ok, before I give up, did you do this in the screen shot... Because, I am %100 confident this is the problem...

KVRist

Post Mon May 04, 2020 3:47 am

Yup, thats exactly what I did. Same problems.

I spent a year using RC in 2016 composing this kind of music and never experience this kind of issue.

Thanks for your interest in helping me solve things.

KVRian
1185 posts since 15 May, 2017

Post Mon May 04, 2020 4:56 am

Welp, it's up to the master now.. lol head scratcher for sure.. What puzzles me, is, it's the same code. Meaning, the only difference between the Apple part and the Windows part is the OS stuff that draws the screen or does file system stuff. Other than that, it's the exact same source code..

Just remember, you working with a beta version, it will have issues.. I wouldn't use the beta version for any production work, use the release version for that.. In fact, I would try doing the same thing on the release version. Also, try again in the beta, but, start from scratch.. don't re-use anything at all from the composition that is having problems..

It's just a process of elimination to figure this out...

cheers..
Gene

KVRist

Post Mon May 04, 2020 5:14 am

LOL! Great minds think alike.
I just did a clean install of the most current regular version of RC (after removing ALL the beta files). I also did a fresh build of the baroque progression for the same instruments.
Got it the way I liked it. Saved it. Opened it. And yet again RC altered several phrases to sound like garbage.
Last edited by lasvideo on Tue May 05, 2020 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KVRist

Post Mon May 04, 2020 7:12 am

I dont expect to see this problem fixed anytime soon since I see Attila has his hands full with the release of Melodya 1.0 right now.

KVRist

Post Mon May 04, 2020 7:50 pm

UPDATE: Attila is aware of this.

Out of curiosity I loaded up the PC regular version of RC on another machine I have. Based on my experience with it, I would say that the Melody Phrase Generator has serious issues. It displayed similar idiosyncrasies as stated at length above in my posts about the Mac version.
Last edited by lasvideo on Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

KVRer
1 posts since 2 Jun, 2020

Post Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:43 am

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi
1. Every time I do Save As my composition i'm getting error message: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WXbkKu ... cI6Vo/view (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WXbkKuPCTs3n_y4Tj7RZaTVwAa1cI6Vo/view).
Then several times i'm getting error message like [url]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lPz0Gb ... 9/view[url (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lPz0Gb-W-O2s7oH38oBTSNfvNhdm12k9/view%5Burl)]. The composition attempts to save to Root D:. The composition file seems to be created correctly but i=m not sure why so many errors?

2. Export to midi and export to wav do not work. Both create empty files which cannot be opened or played by any software I tried.

These problems started to happen after I installed Rapidcomposer on new computer with windows 10. Prior to installing RC, I moved standard windows Documents folder to another drive location and named it using Cyrillic symbols name. This was made using standard Window capability and all other programs work ok with this. Not sure it is the cause of my problems, but just do not know what else can be wrong with my system so Rapidcomposer does not work . Please help!

KVRAF

Topic Starter

4360 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Post Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:21 am

Hi humgate,
I am checking this problem now. There are indeed problems with Cyrillic symbols in directory names. I'll send you an update shortly.
Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com - Anniversary Sale -40% until April 20!
Innovative music software for creative musicians - home of RapidComposer, Melodya and Syne

KVRian
938 posts since 19 Jun, 2006 from Berlin, Germany

Post Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:40 am

Please excuse if this bug has already been reported: Bass Phrase Generator puts minor/dominant 7ths in bass lines if told to use 7ths, even if the resulting note is not part of the scale or conflicts with the current chord.
Test case: Create a new composition in C major, fill the progression with Cmaj7 chords, create a Bass Generator, set it to include 7ths, set its notes to random/alternating. The note Bb is likely to appear although it badly clashes with the chord and is not part of the scale.
Also see my post at viewtopic.php?p=7790265#p7790265

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:15 am

Yes, thank you, HiEnergy! I have already checked this bug today (seen your other post with the video), and indeed there is an embarrassing bug which will be fixed in the next 2 days.

Thanks!!!
Attila
Innovative music software for creative musicians - home of RapidComposer, Melodya and Syne

KVRist

Post Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:53 am

Deleted by poster.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KVRist
98 posts since 23 Mar, 2014

Post Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:09 am

Hello. i'd like to report a couple of issues:
  1. i'm unable to get Syne to tempo sync to the host DAW. It is stuck on 120bpm.
    i used a looping 'Passing Time' modulator, set to quarter-note envelope duration, on a parameter. The result was a modulation ramp at 120bpm, regardless of host tempo.
    • Syne v.1.07 VST2
      FL Studio v.20.7.1
      Win10 64bit
    • For some reason, this is working now. Unfortunately though, tempo automation in the host is not followed by Syne.
  2. When adding a modulator to the Gain module, the initial corresponding range is -60…+36dB. This can be quite a shock if created during playback. Would you consider changing the default range to -60…0dB?

ADDENDA: If i create an LFO modulator somewhere in the graph first, then the tempo sync is updated. So, this seems to happen if the first modulator created is 'Passing Time'.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:22 am

Hi levendis,

thank you for your comments!
You are right, the tempo changes were not followed during host playback. I have fixed that.
It was a good idea to limit the maximum range to 0.0 for all dB parameters. I am sorry for the unpleasant experience.

The next update, Syne v1.08 is being built now, I'll upload it later today.
Thanks,
Attila

EDIT: v1.08 can be downloaded now.

KVRist
98 posts since 23 Mar, 2014

Post Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:46 am

musicdevelopments wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:22 am
v1.08 can be downloaded now.
Thank you! All fixes greatly appreciated.
Apologies for being bearer of niggle news. The installer installs standalone v.1.06. No biggie, given i play with Syne in a DAW.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”