Bug reports

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fyler RapidComposer

Really? I just installed v1.08 and the installed standalone is also v1.08.
It is possible the installer could not overwrite the old v1.06 version in /Applications. Please remove Syne.app manually, hopefully it will work.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi

Iam having some problems with RapidComposer stopping playing when I have long sustained notes or long gaps in the phrase Iam using. Seems to happen every time if the sustain or gap is almost a bar long. If I add some notes during the sustain it continues to play until the next sustain where it stops again.

The phrase is from midi that I've imported and made relative to the chords. If I chose a different file imported in the same way but with more note changes it plays all the way through.

Once Ableton loops to the beginning of the song it plays again but gets stuck at the same place. Any ideas or perhaps Iam missing something?

Iam using LE Version 3.84 and Live 10 on Windows 10

Ok, I think I solved this one for myself. If you don't open the vst window from ableton I get the sticking playback head. If I open it (get the bring window to top) everything works as expected. Hopefully useful to someone.

another possible issue is that CC 64 is stuck on.. that is the sustain CC.. (comes from using a sustain pedal)

Rapidcomposer v4.01 crashes on Chord Selector

It happens, when I set font size to 20. If I stays with 19, it opens without problems. I use Calibri font, HiDPI monitor, Windows 10.

Hi lex-kravetski,

I realized you also created a separate topic with your question, which I already replied for.
Can I move my reply here, and delete that topic?

Thanks,
Attila

Hello Attila,

I updated RapidComposer today & got Melodya. Im using Bitwig 3.2.8. when im using the VST's & I have the transport looping. the 1.1 notes play in RapidComposer & Melodya when first starting the transport but when the transport loops back to 1.1 again the first notes on 1.1 in RapidComposer or Melodya do not play again when the transport loops back to 1.1 in my host.

In melodya can you add the option to invert the scroll wheel when editing. it has always felt backwards to me. Thanks

Hello BuckSnot,

Unfortunately I am convinced that the looping bug is in Bitwig, because RC&Melodya works well in other hosts. In the old times I used to insert workarounds for such issues, but not anymore: everybody should fix their own bugs. These workarounds made things complicated, and sometimes introduced new problems. :( 4-5 years ago I contacted several DAW companies with detailed description of the looping problems, and debug dumps, and most of them were open, and fixed these bugs. The plug-in renders what the host tells it to render. If the first note is outside the audio sample range (when the loop restarts), it won't be rendered. Even an error of a few audio samples can cause this.

I added an option to Melodya to invert the scroll wheel when editing. If this is annoying, I can send you an update.

Thanks,
Attila

BuckSnot wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:17 am Hello Attila,

I updated RapidComposer today & got Melodya. Im using Bitwig 3.2.8. when im using the VST's & I have the transport looping. the 1.1 notes play in RapidComposer & Melodya when first starting the transport but when the transport loops back to 1.1 again the first notes on 1.1 in RapidComposer or Melodya do not play again when the transport loops back to 1.1 in my host.

In melodya can you add the option to invert the scroll wheel when editing. it has always felt backwards to me. Thanks

musicdevelopments wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:57 am Hi lex-kravetski,

I realized you also created a separate topic with your question, which I already replied for.
Can I move my reply here, and delete that topic?

Thanks,
Attila
It will be OK. I just didn't realize, that there is special thread for bugs.

BuckSnot wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:17 am Hello Attila,

Please report that issue to the Bitwig support team... so did I.
I have the same problem with two different plugins within Bitwig and in both cases the plugin devs say it's a Bitwig problem.

Regards,
tl.

Thanks, tl for your input!
Attila

I found a bug in RapidComposer 4.0.3. The program immediately crashes when a certain icon in a chord selection dialog is clicked.
Just sent Attila a description via e-mail.

In RapidComposer 4.0.2 & 4.0.3 on Windows 10, I can't add new chords to the master track by double-clicking (and I don't know any other way to add them)
  • I can add chords this way in RapidComposer 3.84, but not in RapidComposer 4.0.2/4.0.3.
  • I've reinstalled RapidComposer 4 with a fresh installation (after moving both RapidComposerV3/ and RapidComposerV4/ folders to another location), but the problem affects the fresh installation, too.

Update: Sorry, not a bug! To anyone else wondering about this: in RapidComposer 4, you add new chords to the master track using Alt+click instead of double-click.

I didn't find anything about this when looking in the manual or the "Click to show help for editing" info box, so I assumed it would be the same as RC3. :dog:

Hi p5c,

sorry for the late reply. Alt-click (Option-click on mac) became the standard way of splitting/joining things (chords, phrases, notes). Double-clicking on the master track has no effect anymore.
You are right, the manual does not mention this. If you hover your mouse over the master track, the pop-up help includes "Alt-click to split/join chords".

Thanks,
Attila

Emulator X3 crashes the program when I try to add it. Is there a log or something I can use to troubleshoot it?

Return to “MusicDevelopments”