Sonar X1 and Rapid Composer Vsti

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm using the 64-bit Sonar X1, and attempting to route MIDI output from the Rapid Composer Vsti to an instrument track.

Has anyone tried this? So far I'm getting no midi output from Rapid Composer, even though i can hear the audio output routed from the plugin, and i've double checked in sonar that the Enable MIDI output on the synth is working correctly, and I've set Rapid Composer as the midi input on a midi track in sonar.

Also note that Rapid Composer GUI is shown, and being controlled by sonar during playback in sonar (playback commences in RC VSTi during playback in sonar)

We do not have Sonar but I found a (bit old) video about setting up another plug-in with multiple MIDI channel output in Sonar:
I hope someone has Sonar installed and can comment this.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

I am using SonarX2(x64) and cannot get RC to work as a VSTi in Sonar either. Sonar finds RC when it scans the plug-ins and RC comes up in Sonar when you load it, but even when I set RC to output MIDI in Sonar, what happens is that the Notes will not play.

On hitting the Sonar transport button, momentarily the transport moves and sometimes I can hear one note, then the transport halts and resets back to the first beat of the first measure. I cannot prototype anything because I cannot hear RC in Sonar.

I have tried using RC as a standalone but there are two issues. One is that my external sound card (the Roland-Octa-Capture) can only support one Software Audio Input Program (at least Pro-Audio) at a time, so I cannot run both RC and Sonar at the same time. And I find that if I do run both at the same time (RC is mute because the sound card is in use by Sonar), I cannot click-drag files from RC to Sonar; however, I can write small Midi-files and drag those from a Window-Folder to Sonar. Kind of a clumsy process, but (sigh) it works.

I'll check Sonar, thank you for reporting this.

If Sonar supports MIDI drag-and-drop, you can drag the composition (Ctrl-drag the 'File' icon, muted tracks excluded) or individual tracks to Sonar (Ctrl-drag track headers).

Thanks,
Attila

Yes, I just downloaded the newer version (2.21) of Rapid Composer, but, in Sonar X2, the Control-Draging of files form Rapid Composer (Standalone) into Sonar still does NOT work.

However, now I have purchased a Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 Interface and I can run both Rapid Composer & Sonar at the same time and hear both.

If I Control-Drag the Rapid Composer file to an open Windows Folder in a separate small window, then subsequently pull that same file from the Windows Folder window into Sonar, it works. Clumsy, but better than going through the exporting process.

I am sorry but I could not fix this. The reference to the MIDI file in the drag data is totally the same as what the windows shell drag data contains still Sonar treats the RapidComposer data differently. I try to find a fix for this later.

Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”