Metronome during phrase record?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can't figure out how to get the metronome to sound for phrase recording using a midi keyboard. Anyone? Thanks!

I am sorry, there is no metronome in the phrase editor. I added this to the to-do list.
Do not worry if the recorded phrase is not aligned in the phrase editor. If you select notes, right click will pop up a menu with "Align To Beats" and "Detect and Adjust Interval" that you will find useful.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

musicdevelopments wrote:I am sorry, there is no metronome in the phrase editor. I added this to the to-do list.
Do not worry if the recorded phrase is not aligned in the phrase editor. If you select notes, right click will pop up a menu with "Align To Beats" and "Detect and Adjust Interval" that you will find useful.

Thanks,
Attila
Thanks Attila, but it didn't work at all... when I right-clicked to align, nothing happened, and.... it's just so unworkable. The phrase editor DEFINITELY needs a metronome, and a count-in.

Understood.
'Align To Beats' sometimes has no effect if it is equally bad to slide the notes left and right. In other words when the algorithm does not find a more suitable position for the selected notes.
For 'Align To Beats' to work the interval should be more or less correct. So it is advisable to execute 'Detect and Adjust Interval' first.

Thank you for the feedback!
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Tried that... still no luck. A metronome to record a new phrase would SO help. Sure, I could draw in the notes with the mouse... but ugh. That is really, really difficult and time-consuming.

I really appreciate how you're on top of things, regarding updates and feature requests, and bug fixes!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”