Help in understanding and working with the structure feature

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I think I have got my head around most of the programme (I have the LE version). The one bit that is still stumping me is how exactly the structure and 2d aspects work.

A tutorial working through using this at some point would be helpful (to me at least). In the meantime if there are any users who would be able to give me some tips that might get me over this last stumbling block I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Tonfedd

Hi Tonfedd,

the structure and 2d aspects will shortly be removed from the program (for V2). We realized it was a bit confusing and it reserved lots of screen space so maybe it wasn't the best idea.

We are working on much simpler and easier ways of displaying and editing the structure (e.g. repeating verses or refrains).

At the moment you can add/remove/repeat verses, or lines in verses.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Lord, but some Youtube videos showing workflow would be worth thousands of words...

Working on those videos... I haven't had the time, but completely plan on doing these for Attila and RapidComposer users, supporters, and people curious about the program.

I maintain it's still powerful as hell, and fun to use... it's just hard to shoot a video about it, because there are so many directions it can take...

Thanks for the response.

Interesting that you are thinking of removing the 1d 2d and structure features..

My thoughts on it - and what inspired my query - is that it looks like it is pretty powerful and I am frustrated that I cant work out how to use it rather than wanting to get rid of it. It is the panel on the lefthand side refering to structure which appear after the overall structure has been generated that I am struggling with.

If you are thinking of reworking it, my personal preference would be not to have something that referred to verses and refrains as the main units because I think the software has a much wider use than traditional song structures.

As far as the idea of workflow videos go - they sound like an excellent idea. I wouldnt worry about the fact that there are alot of different ways of working with the software. For myself I would find it very useful just to have the insight of how somebody who understands the programme better than me goes about writing with it.

Tonfedd

the structure and 2d aspects will shortly be removed from the program (for V2). We realized it was a bit confusing and it reserved lots of screen space so maybe it wasn't the best idea.

We are working on much simpler and easier ways of displaying and editing the structure (e.g. repeating verses or refrains).

At the moment you can add/remove/repeat verses, or lines in verses.

Thanks,
Attila
----
http://www.musicdevelopments.com

Please keep the 2d structure view, it'a great feature.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”