Set-up of RC as VSTi in Cubase 7

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just a thought- you are holding CTRL before trying to drag, right? Not sure what the command is on Mac... but just checking. I know nothing at all about Cubase.

themixtape wrote:Just a thought- you are holding CTRL before trying to drag, right? Not sure what the command is on Mac... but just checking. I know nothing at all about Cubase.
Yes, but since today I seem to be answering my own questions :D, bear with me and let me test a bit more, before I bother you with my problems. Thanks!

Still, I am happy to help generate a lively "Cubase" topic here, to help get the most out of RC.

pumafred wrote:
themixtape wrote:Just a thought- you are holding CTRL before trying to drag, right? Not sure what the command is on Mac... but just checking. I know nothing at all about Cubase.
Yes, but since today I seem to be answering my own questions :D, bear with me and let me test a bit more, before I bother you with my problems. Thanks!

Still, I am happy to help generate a lively "Cubase" topic here, to help get the most out of RC.
If I recall, Cubase will lose focus as RC (or any other program) is open.

I think the trick in Win7 and earlier is to drag over the Cubase label in the task bar and then when Cubase regains focus, drop.

Of course, Win8 is a whole new world I've managed to avoid so far!

You just have to drop in the arranger page ... Cubase will automatically create a midi track.

If the drag and drop from RC is Type 0 midi with all channels on a single track, go to the MIDI menu and find 'Dissolve.' That will render the file into separate channel by channel midi files and mute the original one you dragged in.
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

como baila wrote:[
Of course, Win8 is a whole new world I've managed to avoid so far!
Not only am I deep into Win8, but I also recklessly jumped into 8.1. I am surviving, with Cubase and others working ok (although there are a few glitches), and I can afford to do these things because I am a hobbyist, but I have promised myself not to do this again!

1) If you insert an empty beat at the beginning of the composition and don't include that in the loop selection, is the first beat still missing?

Yes it is. Wherever you loop from, the first beat is missing always. Even if you loop in the middle of an arrangement (e.g. bar 6 to bar 9) the 1st beat of bar 6 will be missing.

Fred, I don't think you can drag MIDI directly into Cubase. But I think if you drag it to your desktop first, you should then be able to drag from desktop directly to Cubase. I had this issue with Band In A Box a while ago and they came up with a way round it but I can't remember what it was as I haven't used it for ages. But the drag from desktop should work.

Como, I had your problem today when I went to open a previously saved RC project in Cubase. It loaded the mixer settings and then just hung (with the never-ending blue circle thingy).

"Oh no" I thought as I had spent several hours yesterday working on this. But then, rather than firing up Cubase and opening the project from there, I simply double clicked the project file in Windows Explorer and it opened Cubase and loaded it!. Not sure why, but I wondered if you'd tried that?

Pete ... last night I was lucky. Everything seemed to work as it should. Closed and reopened several projects successfully.

I'm going to take a stab at inserting a second RC VSTi tonight and see how it goes.

Despite the missing downbeat, it is so smooth just streaming the MIDI to Cubase from RC VSTi.TBH, I'm not even sure if I'm having that promlem ... I'll try to check tonight as it actually seemed like the first note was working.

Attila is adding some really useful parameters.

By the way ... you don't really need to 'drag and drop' or export the midi file. When things sound right, you simply record all those midi tracks you've been monitoring. The beauty is that later on you can add new tracks to the composition or edit the previously recorded ones by making changes on the track in RC VST. It is such a great work flow.

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

By the way ... you don't really need to 'drag and drop' or export the midi file. When things sound right, you simply record all those midi tracks you've been monitoring.
Yes I know, I haven't needed to do that, I was just trying to help out poor Fred.

Anyway it's bed time now in Gloucester and I'm off to a gig in Bristol tomorrow to see an old 70's band :)

Let us know how you get on with your trials this evening.

"poor Fred" sounds a bit pathetic, but thanks anyway! :)

I also got the impression that recording the midi was the tidiest approach. And then adding the first missing note...

pumafred wrote:"poor Fred" sounds a bit pathetic, but thanks anyway! :)

I also got the impression that recording the midi was the tidiest approach. And then adding the first missing note...
Maybe Pete doesn't know what a puma is? Meoooooow!

I thought the missing first note was a 'looping' problem. It should play the first time through, I think.

como baila wrote: Maybe Pete doesn't know what a puma is? Meoooooow!
In my part of the world, pumas growl, and I would rather not face one! :-o

Return to “MusicDevelopments”