User Songs

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

yellukhan wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:09 pm i start to clone my Soundcloud RC playlist in Youtube .. started with old ones .. will update with the new ones soon:
careful with that..YouTube famous for doing copyright strikes, even if you are the author and really own it. I never publish "public" because of that. Becomes a royal pain in the lower end.

BluGenes wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:07 pm
yellukhan wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:09 pm i start to clone my Soundcloud RC playlist in Youtube .. started with old ones .. will update with the new ones soon:
careful with that..YouTube famous for doing copyright strikes, even if you are the author and really own it. I never publish "public" because of that. Becomes a royal pain in the lower end.

i get this warning, i think it was two or three times.. in my other LBX Stripper/ Electronic stuff
was totally irrelevant / random algorithmic accuses..
maybe this time they would hit to the proper target :p

joking apart thanks for the heads up!
i can even show their original RC projects in my older youtube videos as a proof :)

@ iXaarii
nice work + definitely needs the Bass as loud as the drums! imho.

yellukhan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:46 pm @ iXaarii
nice work + definitely needs the Bass as loud as the drums! imho.
well, i tried compressing the drum and bass part and messing with some other volumes... hopes it's better.

http://jamen.do/t/1640806

Now i guess i will delete one of the two and leave the other, probably the first gets deleted and this last version gets left... it may not be much better, but it embraces the beat... then again... aaargh, dunno.

I feel really bad about my dancy music skills so I always approach anything like this with great fear :P (not that my rest is good, just accepted the rest, while here i feel like a stranger in a strange land)

About youtube tagging, i find it a frightening concept, hoping to learn more from you guys. As I read BluGenes's words I had just watched this Rick Beato video which was also in the mood so the fear just piles on.

Yea algorithms.. lol oh well, what can you do..

what I do for bringing up the volumes is use a limiter plugin.. I usually use one on the master and sometimes on the track that needs it. Since I became lazy in my old age, I used to build the chains I needed, but now, I just use Toontracks EZ mix.. lol

i do wonder sometimes if all that extra tuning does something, particularly for somebody like me who cares about the content of the song less than it's presentation. I used to cheat by using the cubase "maximize", in recent months i've been trying to learn to use this limiter6 free plugin and at some point i used another free one called loudmax which got some good reviews.

my latest song http://jamen.do/t/1645917
While I admit it being as mediocre as most of my music one thing that makes it to me special (besides the fun of making it and self-hypnosis in it's creation) is that I alternate in it B major and B Locrian (which I understand is so rarely used because it's dissonant), which brings me to a huuuge thank you for one of my top features in RapidComposer: the ability to change scale while changing chords in progressions to nearest chords in that scale! It's just briiilliant and combined with locking to scale it can accomplish miracles.
Thank you very much!

Not bad at all, iXaarii! :)
Thanks for posting!
Attila

thank you Attila!

this is my latest musical attempt: http://jamen.do/t/1648644
I've been having some trouble recently with the melody generator in making something that doesn't sound samey and familiar so with this one i tried to avoid a more clear melody and instead tried to go more for texture & atmosphere development via chord progression and buildup. What do you think?

i like it Thank you for sharing!

at 1:00 i start to sign a Triplet arpeggio
first was 3 step Up then faster 6 step Up and UP & Down with wide Key Range maybe 5 maybe 7 ..
then total Random Neighbor mode :D

i get this impression on the first listening:
that sections starts at 1:35 and 2:47
is it intended to made the sound sound kind a old?
or some instruments might be over compressed by accident ?
but i might be wrong .. because when i listen second time and more listening i lost that impression some how..

now .. ehamm.. i am gonna steal the whole chord progression! may i ? :roll:

thank you for the analysis, what great sense of observation and hearing you have! Very impressive! And you can just pick up a chord progression by hearing, wow, i envy you.
In terms of the old sound I wonder if part of it is me using the Hollywood Strings library that I picked up on an easter sale which has an older sound (maybe also a less reliable Play sampling engine crashing more). In terms of compression I don't remember for sure but I might have gone in that direction as my last song was too uncompressed and plus I recently had a pleasant surprise when i bought a Korg NanoKontrol2 midi controller and to my great surprise it came with a key for Ozone 8 Elements, a mastering tool i had long wished for but couldn't afford yet.

In the end though I think i ended up not using it directly as I thought it was doing too much compression so stuck with the free Limiter6 and only used it for an interesting feature i found that could push the "stereo" feeling surprisingly much, but I might've been influenced by that in going for more compression. I'm wondering if it's that's bad though since we so strongly perceive loudness and in previous songs i've had cases where i thought interesting background instruments were nice but i realized if somebody doesn't listen for them/loud enough might miss them totally. Oh, and to my surprise I used a new free instrument put out by Spitfire in their free LABS series (admiration that they keep doing it, now that library has gotten pretty big, and some surprisingly quality stuff there) and I thought that Dulcimer worked surprisingly well with this.To me it sounded a bit like one of those really old pre-piano type instruments.

PS: yes, i sure do love the arpegios in RC and the ability to customize them! so so greaat!

PS2: oh, i almost forgot, thank you yet again for the great phrases you've collected! Yet again it came in handy in this song! Thank you!

aaah!
me? re building a progression by ear?
:D
no chance in this life!

but..
i have this magic beast!
Capella Wave Kit:
https://www.capella-software.com/de/ind ... -wave-kit/

very successful one to recognize the chords from full songs..
after a few step you can build simple midi back tracks from any song-audio
and i recorded your Hush Dust with my Sound Forge..
C. Wave Kit
still has no English version just Deutsch
and i can't understand even a single sentence ..
thanks to smartphones + g translator + youtube videos.
anyway!

i really happy to hear that you were using the latest phrases! Enjoy! :tu:

Wooow! that software is aaamazing! And it actually works!?! Wow! I feel honored that you would want to use my humble progression. I am delighted just how easy it is with RC to make progressions. Those inside are already good, but I've been looking into trying modes like Dorian and Phrygian and Lydian, which unfortunately don't have rulesets... HOWEEVEER, there's a bit of secret sauce there, because when combined with ability of the scale changing to find nearest chords in scale this can result in great subtle changes and surprises that I wouldn't have found otherwise. For example I think with this one I think i started from doing a major progression but as I went back and forth trying a few modes not only did I get to search but also did slight "degradations" of the progression with every change, sometimes even leading to a homogenization which (for what i've seen of my mistakes) might be good for me as I often have tried to do too much in one song.

And i was wondering about the german, i've become paranoid since living in germany that everybody is serving custom local versions of the internet for me so i clicked a bunch of times trying to get to the real thing, only to then read that it's actually in german :)))

Maybe with that software you can also hum melodies and get them converted to midi. I always wished for a good way to integrate that into my composing but never had the tools. All the voice to midi vsts that my searches revealed were super expensive and the only one i had tried some song to midi that i found inside Band in a Box didn't seem to work right for me missing many notes and it was anyway too many steps away (record, expeort, reimport... ).

I wonder if one day there's going to be some very simple vst/tool/library that Atilla might integrate into RC so that one can play a song in composition and have quick vocals turn into midi for melody...
Combined with the forcing to progression this could possibly work, especially with the idea of generating from it variations.

Though to be honest anything that has multiple steps of cleanup and recording i'd rather just stick to the melody generator... I just need to find a way to use it better as I've been having this weird result that I generate stuff, i know the notes are different, i know the progression is different but it still sounds like "same melody" to my ears. Either i need to learn to use the melody generator better or will continue to wait with excitement for the coming new features.

Hey whats up guys?..This might be a mostly unpopular genre of music around here. But nonetheless, I created this with the help of RC. What an amazing software and I'm extremely stoked to have found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-uofHRtmMw
MacOS 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Studio One 4.6
Rapid Composer, Orb Composer

Return to “MusicDevelopments”