v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

+1

i notice on kvr there is version 3.41 out. but check for updates or check for beta versions (buttons pressed) show upto date and no beta out. I have the b9 and thought the 3.4 is same version as b9
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

But I have this method of updating for several months has always been written "server error" (

if you have server error maybe a firewall block RC. I did not know how i can download final v3. i get a purchase mail, when 3 was beta. so i can only download 2.9 or the beta 9 from the link to V3 beta folder. and from the rc homepage is no download link. only for demo version

Hi magicmusic,

Sorry for the confusion. The beta version does not detect that v3.41 is newer than v3.4b9. I'll fix this shortly.
I'll send you the download links in e-mail.

Attila

EDIT: yes, v3.4 is newer than v3.4b9, and v3.41 is the latest version.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi Attila would be grateful if you could send me the link to download version 3.41 , thanks :tu:

Love the new chord inversion stuff you recently introduced , won't pretend I always know what I'am doing but experimentation has produced great results :D

Hi Sean, PM sent with download links.
I am happy to hear that you like chord inversions. It will be further developed soon.
Attila

Sorry to go a little off-topic, but I was wondering if there are any plans to make an Audio Unit version for Logic Pro?

I tried the VST plugin with a cheap VST wrapper (http://www.stagecraftsoftware.com/advan ... rsal-plug/) on Logic, it seems to be working, but I can’t figure out a way to enable the sound or MIDI pass through in RC or Logic.

In the meantime my Mac is under repair, so later I will download the free Tracktion T6 DAW on my temporary PC to see if I can run the RC VST plugin properly.

rc do as plugin no sound output. i think you need as in other DAW add some tracks and choose as input for this tracks rapidcomposer and channel 1 or channel 2 or more depend on tracks you use. 1. track in rc is receive with channel 1 second with channel 2 ....

As magicmusic wrote there is no sound output from RapidComposer in VST mode, just MIDI data.

I already spent some time with making an AU plug-in. I was stuck because Logic Pro did not detect the plug-in, made from original Apple sample code... This will be definitely solved soon. There are plans to use the VST3 SDK which has an AU wrapper as I saw, so maybe we get an AU plug-in "for free".

Thanks,
Attila

Hi Attila

I like the sound browser and sf2 player features in RC, and because RC have no master out effects or mixer, maybe it is more easy possible to add multi channel audio output to RC plugin. Also songs in standalone version can play with audio output correct too then. the RC plugin can create as a 16 stereo multichannel output and every midi channel use corresponding audio channel output if in RC is a VST load or sf2 sound is used. so can do mixing and effects in DAW.

I am sitting here testing other libraries I have and it just hit me.... It would be really cool to have an articulation wizard. One of the libraries I have is Garritan Jazz and Big Band 3. However, the control file I have that came with RC, doesn't seem to match to library I have. Plus, the naming in the control file is some what ambiguous, not really clear what trumpet matches the actual instrument in the library..

With a wizard, it would be easy to add any library and not rely on someone that understands how to create the files.

Hi magicmusic,

yes, multi-channel audio is a good idea, I added your description to the to-do list.

Thanks,
Attila

Hi BluGenes,

can you elaborate on this idea? I am sure it is a good one, because you work with articulations a lot, but what should this wizard offer? Maybe instead of selecting an articulation from a list, you would prefer pressing a key on your keyboard to use that as a key-switch?

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote:Hi BluGenes,

can you elaborate on this idea? I am sure it is a good one, because you work with articulations a lot, but what should this wizard offer? Maybe instead of selecting an articulation from a list, you would prefer pressing a key on your keyboard to use that as a key-switch?

Thanks,
Attila
that's pretty much it. Use the keyboard from the voicing editor.. instead of creating voicings, you would be setting up key switches. You would also need text box for the group, instrument name, etc.. it seems the header file is pretty much the same, except for the name of the library, etc. then read/write to a control file. (i.e., if a control file exist, read and populate..)

It would also be useful in those cases were the manufacturer would update the library OR you buy the better version of that same library.

Since it would also be rarely used, I'd put it in a DLL.. keeping it memory efficient.. rarely used, but powerful when you do need it.

to use it, you would put the library/instrument on a track, have the VST open, always on top, put a progression on the track.. select the articulation in the VST to see the info..then just press the key to assign the articulation on the voicing editor keyboard as it would be on the VST, write that on the track as verification, etc..

Return to “MusicDevelopments”