v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

first, sorry if this is discussed already..

lately i was thinking of fast access to Note Editing mode..
instead of first switching to the Note Editing mode and zooming to track & part you want to work on..
one action will do this two (maybe three) tasks at once ..
(maybe a switch in the Settings for double Click to phrase would do this instead of opening Phrase Editor?)
now thinking out loud:
Double click to a phrase (maybe Ctrl+Double click to avoid -old habit- accidents ):
1-Render Phrase With Variations and Voicing (optionally maybe)
2-switch to Note Editing mode
3-zoom to double clicked Phrase (+Track) and area fully!
after edit done ctrl+double click to empty area to switch back to Phrase Edit mode.

why?
because it started to seems editing the materials (? :ud: ) in the actual project time line has more priority than editing in the Phrase Editor to me.

what would you guys think?

I usually edit notes directly in the project and would prefer a faster way of changing from phrase edit to note edit. I admit I haven’t looked to see if there’s a keyboard shortcut though (I’m guessing there is).

+1 for sure..I edit or render a phrase after I am happy with a choice.. and I always tweak the render either in my DAW or RC..

I'll do something about the quick zoom and switching to note edit mode. Assigning an action to double-click is a good idea.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

RC v3.42 x64
not beta but it seemed good idea to report here..

-when duplicating the Part and Line .. Phrases drops the Voicing

-Saving Generators with default group path seems broken (W7 x64)
copy-paste path from explorer fixes:

and a suggestion (promise no more till the next year :clown: )
-when we activate Generator Rhythm section via right click for accept clicked rhythms from Rhythm Browser
it would very useful if the rhythm applied automatically/without clicking to "Apply to Selection"..
as like replacing the phrases from Phrase Browser.

+1
Happy new year !

tadaaa! 2018 .. eham!.. as i promised :D

-Idea Tool allow phrase and rhythm lock (?) independently..
for example:
one Chord Generator and bunch of Rhythms in the track,
Phrase Voicing and Lock to scale active and phrase also extended to whole part we are working on..
now, keep the phrase as it is and allow just randomize the Rhythms.
..vice versa also -might be- useful with especially custom phrases..
but locking even just the phrase would really useful! :love:

also a bug (i guess) :
Track Magnet Setting resets when you randomize in Idea Tool..

yellukhan wrote:-when duplicating the Part and Line .. Phrases drops the Voicing
Fixed now.
yellukhan wrote:-Saving Generators with default group path seems broken (W7 x64)
This was also fixed today.
All these fixes will be in the next update, v3.43 to be released on January 3rd.
yellukhan wrote:it would very useful if the rhythm applied automatically/without clicking to "Apply to Selection".. as like replacing the phrases from Phrase Browser.
This would break the logic of editing locally, then applying the changes to the edited phrase.
However an 'Auto-apply' option would automatically apply any changes to the phrase. Would that be useful?

Thanks,
Attila

optionally .. yes sounds OK to me :)

yellukhan wrote:tadaaa! 2018 .. eham!.. as i promised :D
:dog:
:hihi:
yellukhan wrote:now, keep the phrase as it is and allow just randomize the Rhythms.
Interesting. So using the existing phrases would be an option. Maybe you could select 'None' for the number of phrases used, and then the phrases already in the track will be used. Nice idea!
yellukhan wrote:also a bug (i guess) :
Track Magnet Setting resets when you randomize in Idea Tool..
Do you mean the magnet on the master track? It was not reset when I tried...

Thanks,
Attila

no, not the master track magnet..
its Track inspector "Change Magnet For All Phrases" To .. settings.

BTW today a "lock to scale" option was added to the Idea Tool, so you can use one long phrase if you want:

I'll do my best to make it more useful....

musicdevelopments wrote:BTW today a "lock to scale" option was added to the Idea Tool, so you can use one long phrase if you want:

I'll do my best to make it more useful....
yay! sounds like i got my first present of the year! :party:

I wish a happy new year too. Maybe Attila can do a feature list vote here, of features he like to add, so can choose which features come earlier. My greatest wish is controller in phrase or/and that it is possible to choose articulations in a rythm pattern. so can add too controller bend up or vibrato. i think it is good when articulations can store with the ryhtm too, because if some notes are mute or staccato need fit to the rythm.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

I just thought this way would be easier for now than adding controllers to phrases ??
But if it's more problems we can wait for the controllers to be added.
crossovercable wrote:A Re-Channel option for Import would be good, as a lot of guitar midi uses ch11-16 for the 6 strings so you get 6 tracks but if you could select to re-channel all to one channel one track.

Also, with the Articulations to add vibrato to a note I add a keyswitch to turn it on then I need to add another keyswitch on the next note to turn it off

Code: Select all

group="The Resonator"; articulation="Vibrato On"; keyswitch="C#1"; ctrl=1; ctrlval=100;
group="The Resonator"; articulation="Vibrato Off"; keyswitch="D1"; ctrl=1; ctrlval=0;
If you could have an option in the rcCTRL to only activate for as long as that note is played so we don't need to add an off switch.
This way we could also add pitch bends using keyswitches and add a variable to say how fast the pitch bend controller target is reached is linear=50 or linear=10 or reverse bends linear=-50 or linear=-10 or sine=15 or sine=5 or triangle=5 to give a vibrato effect with the Bend Controller relative to the tempo and note being played.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”