v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
BluGenes
KVRist
308 posts since 15 May, 2017

Post Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:55 am

lulukom wrote:Hello !
I say what I know)
At me on MAC OSX after crash the screen with the text report about a problem automatically opens. I copy this into a text editor and save it. Then I make a ZIP and attach it to the letter. Like this . Attila looks at this and fixes the problem. :phew:
Ok, got it.. thanks..

BluGenes
KVRist

Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Post Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:21 am

Bug or not a bug.. I think it is.. hehe Ok, in summary, the the flats/sharp toggle in the chord selector does not stay selected to sharps. The video is using the production version, as I realized after uploading it, I wasn't using the beta, but, of course, this is in the beta as well.

Also, I was wondering if the key selection order could be changed for the modes in the key dialog. I don't know if this matters for people that play piano or not, I don't play piano. But, I can count the notes out in a major scale, in a certain mode order and this gives me the proper key for that mode to play in. The order, for me, would be.. (how I would like the listing in the dialog) from left to right Ionian, Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Aeolian, Locrian. It is just something I am accustomed to, now..

My Video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3BWPhN ... e=youtu.be

magicmusic
KVRian
938 posts since 11 Nov, 2013

Post Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:04 am

lulukom wrote:Thank you, I know about this, but I'm not interested in the previous folders - I need a specific folder, and I have 400 folders, for example ..
for this maybe it is good to add in the first line of the history popup a entry choose directory. if this is choose then a directory requester come and there can choose. this can add once and on all history popups have this option
win 10 64 1803 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 16 GB Ram, Soundblaster z, Logi Link USB 2.0 soundbox spdif out

lulukom
KVRian
718 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Post Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:08 am

Yes, approximately so ... There is a simple thing and is called "save as" (and where, of course))

musicdevelopments
KVRAF
2788 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Post Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:41 am

BluGenes wrote:The order, for me, would be.. (how I would like the listing in the dialog) from left to right Ionian, Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Aeolian, Locrian. It is just something I am accustomed to
Ouch! You are absolutely right, I don't know where I got the bad order from!
EDIT: Now I know. On the circle of fifths this was the logical order... Should I fix this also in the circle of fifths, or just in the scale selector?

I am uploading a new beta version right now, so I could not fix it in this beta...
Thanks!
Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions

musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Post Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:47 am

RapidComposer v3.5b5 is available!

3.5Beta5 changes:
  • From this version the standard Ctrl+drag is used for copying phrases and notes instead of Alt+drag. You can drag the rhythm of a phrase by Alt+drag.
  • The position and size of Structure Inspector is restored
  • It is possible to have overlapped notes in a rhythm pattern if you resize a note with Shift+Ctrl (only for advanced users)
  • MIDI and audio export directories are remembered
  • Fixed a redraw issue when the Quick Suggestion popup was drawn multiple times
  • Fixed an issue with scrolling with the mouse wheel
  • [Windows] Fixed: dragging did not work when the mouse buttons were swapped (right as the primary button)
  • Fixed a crashing bug during editing phrases (+cleanup and optimization)
  • Fixed crashing bug introduced in previous beta (when editing voicing in chord progression)

BluGenes
KVRist

Post Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:19 am

musicdevelopments wrote:
BluGenes wrote:The order, for me, would be.. (how I would like the listing in the dialog) from left to right Ionian, Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Aeolian, Locrian. It is just something I am accustomed to
Ouch! You are absolutely right, I don't know where I got the bad order from!
EDIT: Now I know. On the circle of fifths this was the logical order... Should I fix this also in the circle of fifths, or just in the scale selector?

I am uploading a new beta version right now, so I could not fix it in this beta...
Thanks!
Attila
Ooops, forgot about the circle of 5ths.. Yes, fix there as well, only, top down listed, of course..

And the flats/sharps issue? next beta?

also, when you get the time, I want to work on the instrument browser. man oh man, the stuff that could be done there. but, you will need to work out a big issue, saving VST states, just for the browser.. if that is possible. If it is, the possibilities just open way, way up.

musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Post Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:38 am

Yes, I'll fix the sharps/flats issue shortly and will send you an update.

Saving VST states should work in the browser...

Thanks,
Attila

BluGenes
KVRist

Post Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:28 pm

musicdevelopments wrote:Yes, I'll fix the sharps/flats issue shortly and will send you an update.

Saving VST states should work in the browser...

Thanks,
Attila
It doesn't.. I was working on a video about it, then stopped thinking it wasn't needed.. but, I think I will put one together anyways.. there are other issues as well. This browser should get high priority as I will explain why in the video... may take a day or so, though.. On your end, it probably would not be much work for the fixes..

BluGenes
KVRist

Post Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:33 am

You almost have it Attila! Check your email.. Dorian button in the chord selector staying selected on chord clicks, and when I have any other mode in the master track selected..

magicmusic
KVRian

Post Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:11 am

Hi Attila

thanks the overlapping note work good, can work with every synth that support portamento or glide too

I only have the problem, also in past that sometimes very short rythm step appear and i can not delete this, so need do a new rythm. see screenshot. duplicate situation is possible when you make a note with shift+ size as small as possible. then you can not select this note to make it larger later and it is not possible to delete
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
win 10 64 1803 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 16 GB Ram, Soundblaster z, Logi Link USB 2.0 soundbox spdif out

magicmusic
KVRian

Post Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:09 am

I notice Adjust note length V2 can now too create overlap notes. But i see no % value. maybe it is depend on windows. do other see values ?. normaly all sliders in RC show values. see screenshot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BluGenes
KVRist

Post Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:15 pm

This video is about the instrument browser.. This browser has a lot of potential to really speed up composing just by the fact you could swap out instruments with drag and drop. (or the program set drop down).. You could, in theory, build multi instrument patches and groups. However, it isn't quite there. Right now, it will only save one patch set per instrument, even though you are allowed to create as many as you want.

For libraries that support multiple instruments, this is a must have option! I am talking about Kontact, Aria, Ik Multimedia, etc.

Anyways, this is my video.. hope it isn't that painful to watch.. lol I am trying to get better at this.. :dog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCvfF-x ... e=youtu.be

musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Post Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:05 am

magicmusic wrote:Hi Attila

thanks the overlapping note work good, can work with every synth that support portamento or glide too

I only have the problem, also in past that sometimes very short rythm step appear and i can not delete this, so need do a new rythm. see screenshot. duplicate situation is possible when you make a note with shift+ size as small as possible. then you can not select this note to make it larger later and it is not possible to delete
Hi magicmusic,
you are right, using the Shift it was possible to make too short notes. I fixed that. Until I upload the fix there is a workaround: you can right-click on a note 2-3 times. Each right click decreases the accent (strong->medium->weak->delete note) and then removes the note even if it is 1-2 pixels width. Which will not happen in the future.
Thanks for reporting this!
Attila

musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Post Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:13 am

magicmusic wrote:I notice Adjust note length V2 can now too create overlap notes. But i see no % value. maybe it is depend on windows. do other see values ?. normaly all sliders in RC show values. see screenshot
There is no easy fix unfortunately. The reason for that is each variation is a separate entity, like a plug-in, they define their own user interface, they specify which parameter is controlled by which UI element, but this definition is not flexible enough to change slider labels depending on a menu selection. In the long run this will be solved but not in the next 6 months.
Thanks,
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”