v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

RapidComposer Beta v3.5b9 is available!

The beta versions should not contain crashing bugs, so a new update was uploaded. I am grateful for all the feedback. Thank you!

Changes in v3.5b9:
  • Crashing bug fixed that was introduced in previous beta (when adding beats/bars to timeline)

Thanks !

You are welcome! Feel free to post feature requests, no matter how simple or difficult it is to implement it.
Sometimes the required functionality can be added in 1-2 hours if it is simple, like exporting chords as a text file.
Thanks!
Attila

thanks for update. the shift in precussion generator work good. only some small things i notice. when change the shift the window and the note preview get smaller.

i notice in older percussion generator versions too. when change something for example press mute button for snare and then press button preview phrase in composition with all unmuted tracks it play old version. the preview button that polay only this track work ok

now with the new note display is it then easy possible to add a play pointer in generator preview and loop the play previews ?. for percussion it is always good to hear the phrase in loop play.

the dark color theme i like too. i only change workspace chord note color from saturation 88 to saturation 44.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

How do I copy a chord progression then transpose it and the scale ?

Hi , Attila !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thank you, lulukom!
This kind of crash never occurred before.
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote:Hi yellukhan, it is nice to hear from you! :)
Thanks Attila .. likewise :)
good luck with the 8 years anniversary sale! :tu:

ok, so.. let me see if this would be a viable addition to this version of RC.. In jazz/blues, we use quite often what is called the "call and response". Which, in simple terms, is a riff played and then a riff answered with similar characteristics. In orchestration, it is known as the "question and answer".. same principle.., but, obviously a little more complex..

how difficult would it be to create a melody generator based on this principle? I know this would be touching on AI a little bit, but, if were a simple version just to see how viable this could be, maybe a bigger better version could be had in a v4 product..

any thoughts..??

BluGenes wrote:ok, so.. let me see if this would be a viable addition to this version of RC.. In jazz/blues, we use quite often what is called the "call and response". Which, in simple terms, is a riff played and then a riff answered with similar characteristics. In orchestration, it is known as the "question and answer".. same principle.., but, obviously a little more complex..

how difficult would it be to create a melody generator based on this principle? I know this would be touching on AI a little bit, but, if were a simple version just to see how viable this could be, maybe a bigger better version could be had in a v4 product..

any thoughts..??
That's a great idea for a generator, a "call and response" generator. You select you base part you've already recorded – the "call" – and the generator creates the response, with parameters you set (length relative to the call, or an absolute or some other relative value; whether the response mirrors the call, and/or inverts it, changes which notes of the call and how in terms of note selected and note length) etc.

I can definitely see Attila being able to do something like this, he's the best!

+1
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

+1

Why is "call and response" different from ghost copying the "call" phrase and adding variations to the copy?
Like this:

EDIT: the label is wrong, it should be Ctrl-Shift-drag!

Please note that this is a simple example. You need to apply at least 2-3 variations that modify the copied phrase in order to sound good. Like removing a single note will often change the rhythm in an interesting way. Or "Double Note" will make 2 notes from one, based on your selection criteria (like "longest note").

Maybe there is something I don't understand...
Thanks,
Attila

magicmusic wrote:the dark color theme i like too. i only change workspace chord note color from saturation 88 to saturation 44.
I forgot to reply but I did the same change, and it indeed looks better. So the 'Dark' theme will include your suggestion. Thank you, magicmusic!
Attila

not getting a ghost copy.. I am getting a rhythm when I alt shift drag.. I need to be able to replicate your suggestion.. If that process could be automated, then that would be just as nice..

Return to “MusicDevelopments”