v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

RapidComposer v3.5b12 is available!

Lots of improvements again! Main areas are drag-and-drop improvements, better 4K monitor support and Percussion Generator UI rework. There are some fixes for VST plug-in handling bugs.

3.5Beta12 changes:
  • Percussion Generator UI changes: vector icons, 'remove instrument' added
  • Items in Percussion Generator are sorted automatically
  • Drum notes are displayed as "Note 36/C2 (Bass Drum 1)" format
  • Use maximum 8 phrases in the Idea Tool
  • Fixed non-working drag in the Structure Inspector
  • Pasting phrases happen to the last clicked track
  • MIDI drag and drop improvement: dragging MIDI from Reaper works now (non-existent file in drag data properly handled)
  • Dragging single phrases as MIDI: Ctrl-Alt-Shift-drag phrases (multiple phrases work too!)
  • Maximum Note Height In Editor can be further increased
  • Font sizes extended, bigger fonts can be selected
  • Transport button size increased when using bigger fonts, and lots of small cosmetic changes when using big font sizes
  • Fixes in VST plug-in handling: non-multitimbral plug-ins were improperly instantiated
  • Fixed: VST presets were not saved
  • Fixed a bug when selecting chords with the keyboard
  • [macOS] Fixed crashing issues during dragging and dropping phrases
  • Low level handling for mouse events (clicking, dragging), text editing, popup menus reworked
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

I try to install the b12, but when i click on the installer file it do nothing. I have the newest win 10 64 1803. i try the b11 installer, this work and show the go admin requester.

how can get this working ?
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

I don't know, it works here.
The x64 version should be 42719692 bytes.
I downloaded and started the installer. After the Windows Defender SmartScreen notification the installation went well.
I use the same Windows version (Win10 x64 1803).

Attila

On my windows install the windows defender smartscreen warning do not open. I disable the warning message in windows defender and i can install b12
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Very strange. I'll see what other users say.
(There was a feature update on my Windows 10 five days ago, I am sure for most users too.)
Maybe you could have tried to 'Unblock' the installer.

I still have problems splitting phrases. No shortcut works: Split at bar boundaries, at play cursor, at selection nothing works and this is very frustrating as it is bread and butter commands for me I need this to work badly. I rolled back to 3.43 with better success but it's been very finicky for me since day one. Suddenly the shortcut start to work and I have no idea why. And then they stop working again.

Also new there is no split action in the phrase parameter menu. So every shortcut don't work and now on top of this there is nothing in the menu. I just have no way to split. I need to import from chords or use the magic wand to rearrange but I would prefer the shortcuts to work they are much more practicle. I don't know why I need a tutorial on using shortcut there is either something broken or I just don't get the idiosynchrasies behind it like having to select the ruler or master track or the track or the phrase.

Sorry for ranting it eventually gets to me why I can't use something so simple and usefull.

MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Crash just playing around with shortcuts. No plugins loaded. 1 track 1 chord.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

REALLY NEED - (unfound - am i just not knowing yet?)
Some way to set the structure length, rather than dragging the right side of the timeline.
Working w/existing material or in a DAW as VST - painful.

There is a small problem with the Split shortcut. If you highlight "Global" it won't be executed. This will be fixed shortly. So turn off "Global" now.

If not "Global" you need to have the workspace in keyboard focus. The easiest is if you right click inside a phrase, then press the shortcut. Alternatively you can click on the timeline to set the split position, then click on a phrase to select for splitting, then press the shortcut. (The point is you need the last click inside the workspace to make it the keyboard focus.)

If the default backslash does not work on your keyboard, or does not get detected, please change it. I use the letter I for split.

The "Split..." command appears in the phrase inspector ONLY if the playback position is somewhere inside the phrase:
It will appear between "Regenerate..." and "Save...":

Crash just playing around with shortcuts. No plugins loaded. 1 track 1 chord.
Do you remember which shortcut you pressed? Maybe splitting?

Thanks,
Attila

NTO wrote:REALLY NEED - (unfound - am i just not knowing yet?)
Some way to set the structure length, rather than dragging the right side of the timeline.
Working w/existing material or in a DAW as VST - painful.
Until there is no better solution, please right click on the timeline to insert a number of bars or beats:

The 'line' length will be settable in the next update.
Thanks,
Attila

Still no go for splitting. I like the letter S because it's the same for Reaper. I unassign the S for save progression. I have only one phrase it is definitly selected and right clicking gives me no split option. The play head has to be witthin range I have only one part and one phrase.
I tried letter I still does'nt work.

The fact that I have not seen split in my phrase menu since the last beta I think is enough to call a bug. Anything I try won't bring it back.
Is there a way that we can possibly have a one click on the phrase to make it splitable ? 2 clicks is a bit anoying maybe as an option ? I would prefer to double click on other stuff I don't use often or use shortcut for those other things.

"The 'line' length will be settable in the next update."
Works for now.
Noted:
2018-05-14_RC_TimeInsert.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hello Attila!
Yes, now the percussion generator is perfect ..
Some things I do not like.
I would do manual editing directly in the bottom (general) window for all instruments at once ..
Just in the general window, moving instruments is easier and more understandable. Why many manual editors?) But let them stay!)
Unfortunately, there was no opportunity to generate in mode loop (
Thank you! The generator is now very good! My favorite!)

Spliting from the timeline does'nt work either. Every option I click gives me nothing.

Boone777 wrote:Spliting from the timeline does'nt work either. Every option I click gives me nothing.

works for me, all possible ways work..

Return to “MusicDevelopments”