v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Browsers & Inspectors : separate and always on top active.
Template & Recents lists:
(disabling separate+always on top for Inspectors and browsers fixes this)

dbender wrote:Big Problem:

With both v.3.51 and the new beta 3.6b3, when I open RC files using Recents, I get "Error Invalid composition file."

I don't get this problem with 3.6b2 (thank goodness).

(Mac OS X 10.12.6, most recent Sierra OS)
Did more testing.

Can open in beta 3.6b3 the prior songs if I open them from the songs themselves. I see the paths are wrong in the Recents lists (had moved them, so the locations are vestigial). Odd that the correct paths are showing in 3.6b2 but not b3 or 3.51.

Guess I should clear out the Recents list -- but looked and don't see how to. So how do I clear the Recents Compositions list to start fresh??

A strum pattern generator could create guitar strum patterns with a chosen mute keyswitch that is set to absolute and locked see pic below, or is set to a chosen articulation in a controller set, or instruments that use low velocity to triggered mutes will just use the velocity slider. The advantage of the mute buttons/keyswitches is being able to play the mutes at different velocities.
You have the up/down strum arrows that will strum the RC chord starting from the highest to the lowest note or lowest to highest note, the track can be set to guitar chord voicing. The vertical slider adjust the velocity of the strummed notes.
If you would like to try it with some guitars:
Use Free Sforzando https://www.plogue.com/products/sforzando.html
Converted to SFZ from Free Giga Instruments http://www.flamestudios.org/free/GigaSamples

(right click links > Open in New Window as mediafire has ads)
FS Seagull Acoustic
https://www.mediafire.com/file/u77o7ooa ... oustic.rar

FS Fender Telecaster Both Pickups DI (both separate bridge & neck pickups)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/388yymir ... ups_DI.rar

FS Fender Jaguar Both Pickups DI (both pickups combined)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/u68wo5ut ... ups_DI.rar

FS Gibson Les Paul Both Pickups DI (both separate bridge & neck pickups)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/o2vwnnsw ... ups_DI.rar

KEYSWITCHES
sw_label=C#1 Slide Up

sw_label=D1 Slide Down

sw_label=D#1 Hammer On

sw_label=E1 Pull Off

sw_label=F1 Full Bend

sw_label=F#1 Pre Bend

sw_label=G1 Vibrato 1 (Use Mod/Vibrato Adjust in Controls)

sw_label=G#1 Vibrato 2 (Use Mod/Vibrato Adjust in Controls)

sw_label=A1 Muted
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This may happen when the composition file does not exist (e.g. moved to a different location) or could not be loaded (logical structure damaged). I found no explanation why it works in 3.6b2. Can you open the files normally, outside the Recents menu?

I have checked this on my macbook and it worked. Anyone having the same issue?

What the Recents menu does is simply an 'open' command with a path. Maybe you could send me one of your files for analysis.

EDIT: I should have read your next message - I am catching up with messages. Ctrl-click in the Recents list will remove a file. I am afraid you have to do this one by one :(

Thanks,
Attila

With both v.3.51 and the new beta 3.6b3, when I open RC files using Recents, I get "Error Invalid composition file."

https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

yellukhan wrote:Browsers & Inspectors : separate and always on top active.
Template & Recents lists:
(disabling separate+always on top for Inspectors and browsers fixes this)
Yes, I just discovered this a few minutes ago. The solution will be: the Files menu will not open in its own window. RapidComposer was designed to be a one-window application. Allowing opening separate windows for all inspectors will result in problems like this.

Thank you for reporting it!
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Can we have the ability to clear the data on the midi import page (tab)? e.g., state at which it is at first time it is ever accessed...

just found a cool phone app that lets me save progression as midi. I point it to drop box and then I can load them into RC. Clearing that import tab would give a peace of mind that you are starting fresh..

one button placed at any open spot of that page would rock..

i think i found a bug?

Bar count vs Chord count that i was mention in the Feature Request
was also same in the Arrange view
and i think i found a bug..
Idea Tool,
switched to 8 bars RC gives 32 chords to use but creates only 8
and the slider goes to 33

Also, maybe an option for each strum to just strum the bass note only.

musicdevelopments wrote:This may happen when the composition file does not exist (e.g. moved to a different location) or could not be loaded (logical structure damaged). I found no explanation why it works in 3.6b2. Can you open the files normally, outside the Recents menu?

I have checked this on my macbook and it worked. Anyone having the same issue?

What the Recents menu does is simply an 'open' command with a path. Maybe you could send me one of your files for analysis.

EDIT: I should have read your next message - I am catching up with messages. Ctrl-click in the Recents list will remove a file. I am afraid you have to do this one by one :(

Thanks,
Attila

Thanks, Attila.

Feature Suggestion: Add menu item at top of Recent Song Files list that says "Clear All Recents"

Attila –

You said "Ctrl-click in the Recents list will remove a file."

It does not. Tried right-clicking, control clicking (yeah I know, same thing but thought I'd try to be thorough), option-clicking and command-clicking - on a song name in the list, and on the word Recents itself in the File Import/Export menu palette.

Nothing clears the entries in the Recents song list!!

Someone please help : )

Thanks!

[Max OS X 10.12.6]

Not sure what setting is deleting these notes from midi import ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

just out of curiosity
did you tried import the same midi to Reaper again?
sometimes some notes gets very small/tiny after render the item..
EDIT:
also looks suspicious to me

I found the notes are overlapping the next when I move them up in Reaper, yet zooming the main track view they are not displaying only in piano roll.
I just recorded the MIDI Out (script generated notes) from Kontakt to try and record the strumming patterns to import into RC.
They are importing ok in other DAW's.
EDIT: the notes following are also overlapping but are showing.
Maybe a good night's sleep will sort it out lol.

I zoomed it in as far as it would go in the editor:

crossovercable wrote:I found the notes are overlapping the next when I move them up in Reaper, yet zooming the main track view they are not displaying only in piano roll.
and because RC only plays on note's start position it would sound as if they were deleted, because they are not being played. I posted this issue several messages up...

Return to “MusicDevelopments”