v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Are you using ASIO.
It gives the preview in Reaper how I have it set below:

It was working, then after I check the settings then came back it only sent the preview when I clicked the RC chord then click the Reaper main window.

Hi Gotacki,

please check two things:
1. Set the VST host and channel for the chord preview under the Settings / Preview tab
2. Open the Chord Selector to check the chord preview settings. Click on the 'Options' menu on Chord List, Scale Degrees or Palette, and check what is set for preview:

Make sure you highlight "Preview Using Chord Preview Instrument" and "Preview: Chord+Bass".
I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi,

Thanks for your answers !
After many tests, I didn't succeed to have the chord preview working (I've set all the settings as in your answers but, no way...). However, the 'Preview using active track intrument' is working so, that's a workaround :?

But there's another problem I encountered (and much more annoying).
I use RC as VST to send chords (one chord per measure) to a DAW track. On this track, there is an arpeggiator (for example BlueARP).
But when doing this, there are big timing problems and the arpeggiator plays the chord of the precedent measure (and sometimes, mix two measures). Most annoying.

I can send a reaper project if necessary (I made a test with BLueARP and Charlatan) :?

Cheers !
Gotacki

i was trying some experimental things..
have no idea its a bug or..

scenario:
-import long midi file with this import settings
to create fixed 2 bars long Parts/Lines/Chords

-then remove all imported midi file splits
-put the original midi file (512 bars) in to project manually
-open midi file in the Phrase Editor, select all notes and convert them to Scale based relative at once
-fix the (in this case unwanted) Semitones via one up and down movements in the Note Inspector,
Apply changes To Phrase In Composition..
-then open the Time Line Inspector & execute the Split Phrases At Chord Boundaries
(works great at to this point..)

-finally open Phrase Inspector, select all Phrases and Save Selected Phrases

this doesn't work
saves only one phrase instead of 256 selected phrases.

I have Reaper set to 6/8 time signature, how do I set RC vst to line up with the bar numbers ?
I have EZDrummer in another track with it's time signature set to 6/8 and that's fine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

crossovercable...

read this thread about that..

viewtopic.php?f=168&t=499177

still digging Idea Tool
in the
Workflow:
Generate Melody Track 'Track Name' Then Harmonize Melody Then Render Other Tracks
seems
-we can't define the Bar Lengths .. creates always 16 bars.
-Beats/Bar selection seems working!
-Key/Scale selection seems only possible from the timeline not from the Idea Tool itself

i have no idea bugs or by design just want to share.

EDIT:

in the same Workflow mode
seems odd behaviors when you use "Add New Part" and want to create parts with different lengths
tried to record a mini demonstration, i hope it will show/explain clearly:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IWYg2 ... YUvQ3y_1dD

I had to manually set the time sig to 3 for 6/8.

To see the tempo of your song you have to go right back to the start, same if you want to change it you have to go back to the start or right click the Mater track. It would be good to see the current tempo and change the current tempo easily.

On the subject of note editing.. I think having a visual reference of were you are in a scale would be very helpful. I am not talking about the note naming, but a couple of quick guides... So, how about adding a circle of fifths in the note editing browser and maybe a staff style note step count or a piano style display with the notes shaded in the scale, etc.....??

Hi yellukhan,

I fixed the wrong bar length for "Generate Melody Track 'Track Name' Then Harmonize...".
The length is given for "Use Existing Melody Track..." (which is the length of the melody track, you cannot change this), but due to a bug the workflow that you used also ignored the bar length that you set.

Yes, you are right, at the moment it works like that: you can specify the scale only in the composition for the melody track to be generated. I'll try to fix this.

I'll travel in the next 4 days, but I promise to upload the latest beta version around Sunday, so that you all have the latest update.

Thanks,
Attila

Thank you Attila!

i have a question about editing Rhythms (from Rhythm Browser) in Phrase Editor
seems after edit done "Apply Changes To Phrase In Library" doesn't work (v3.6b3 x64 - Windows7x64)
am i doing /expecting something wrong? did anyone tried to do this?

EDIT:
is this expected behavior?
Rotate Notes Variation Track vs Phrase
(tried only with the Piano Run Generator .. will test others too)
when the variation used in the track it produces scale notes
i hope video will explain better..
https://drive.google.com/open?id=10kxUN ... k9BGHrmk0Q

-motto- :)

yellukhan wrote:i have a question about editing Rhythms (from Rhythm Browser) in Phrase Editor
seems after edit done "Apply Changes To Phrase In Library" doesn't work (v3.6b3 x64 - Windows7x64)
This indeed does not work :( How did I miss this?
I am working on the fix.
Thank you!
Attila

BluGenes wrote:On the subject of note editing.. I think having a visual reference of were you are in a scale would be very helpful. I am not talking about the note naming, but a couple of quick guides... So, how about adding a circle of fifths in the note editing browser and maybe a staff style note step count or a piano style display with the notes shaded in the scale, etc.....??
Related: I would love to see note names and/or scale degrees on the notes. I am bad at reading piano roll...

padillac wrote:Related: I would love to see note names and/or scale degrees on the notes. I am bad at reading piano roll...
You can display information depending on the note kind: scale degrees (for scale notes), chord notes, or note names (for absolute notes) inside the notes, by clicking on the small hamburger icon in the track and enabling "Show Note Parameters":

In this example the first 3 notes are chord notes, the second 3 are scale notes, the next 2 are absolute notes. Please note that the chord note labels are tricky: 3rd is actually the second chord note, which may be a 2nd or 4th for a suspended chord, 5th is the third chord note, so read them with this in mind. I found it more logical than displaying Root, Root+1, Root+2, etc.

Thanks,
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”