v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Came to try the strum pattern generator and you have done a good job, compared to the old way of generating guitar chords, splitting all of them by rhythm (the new generator selectively splits the guitar notes so it's more realistic) and setting the strum delay. I actually didn't expect it. I can't really describe properly other than it's an improvement.

I suggest adding random velocities for the strum patterns rather than editing them manually.

Although for no reason it spontaneously crashes given it's a beta.

I think it helps Atilla if he can see what is going on when the program crashes. I highly recommend screen capturing your session. One program I can suggest is using OBS Studio. It's free and does a great job for what is. https://obsproject.com/

I have used it for a long time, although I switched to a commercial product that bundles with a video editor.. (Corel Video Studio)

Of course, I use it in more ways than this, but, it's an idea for you guys..

BluGenes wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:00 pm I think it helps Atilla if he can see what is going on when the program crashes. I highly recommend screen capturing your session. One program I can suggest is using OBS Studio. It's free and does a great job for what is. https://obsproject.com/
I have Quicktime Player installed as the default screen recorder on OS X alongside OBS. If it's a constantly annoying or serious bug I'll record and report with it. Thanks for the suggestion.

I have fixed a crashing bug in the strum pattern generator in v3.6b8. Does it still have issues?
When RC crashes on macOS, the crash dump is extremely useful. In most cases I know exactly where and why it crashes. Sometimes I am not able to figure out the previous steps that led to crashing, but it is still useful.

Thanks!
Attila

EDIT: adding random velocities is a good idea!

OK. The bigger issue is that RC crashes when loading a big soundfont, and then you immediately click on the preset without waiting at least 3 seconds or so. After loading a big soundfont, you immediately click on the instrument and select any preset and bam! It crashes. It doesn't if you wait at least 3 seconds or so.

I downloaded those soundfonts from https://sites.google.com/site/soundfonts4u/. The big ones around 1GB.

Thank you for reporting this bug! It will be fixed in the next beta version.

- not here :o -
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

post moved to another topic... :o

RapidComposer v3.6b9 is available!

Improvements:
  • Randomize note/strum velocities (+/- 20, 30 or 50 %) in Strum Pattern Generator
  • [Windows] window maximizing did not work well on dual monitor setup
  • [macOS] Dropping MIDI outside the program window does not open the MIDI Import page anymore
  • [macOS] Fixed a crashing bug that appeared when clicking on the preset menu during loading a big soundfont
  • Fixed a crashing bug when entering chords from a MIDI keyboard in "override master track chords" mode

Windows v3.6b9 download seems to be corrupted. When I download and try and run the installer I get "The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program." Tried two browsers and Rapid Composer itself's update.
-Matt

Hi Attila !
Crash new beta ( When I built a chord in a chord builder, which is in the fifth circle).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

msorrels wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:29 pm Windows v3.6b9 download seems to be corrupted. When I download and try and run the installer I get "The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program." Tried two browsers and Rapid Composer itself's update.
same here..

same .. first time i get this error btw.

Same here. 64-bit not working 32-bit seems to be ok.

I am terribly sorry, the 64-bit windows version is re-uploaded and should work now.
Thanks!
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”