v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Just noticed this, but, you may want to add a "Are you sure?" kind of dialog when you delete a track. Or make that optional.. just in case for whatever reason it was accidental.. (if the track is not empty too)

Crash when working with a percussion generator
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Just realized that the beta overwrites the release version vst of RC. It introduces the problem where if the beta is broken for whatever reason, I don't have the release version to work with. (without re-installing).. just a heads up..

Maybe add "beta" in the filename of the VST so it differentiates the versions..

Looking forward to the big reveal!

RapidComposer v3.9b5 is available!

Improvements:
  • New 'Melody Editor' tab added for motive development and melody generation/editing
  • Phrase Editor user interface redesigned
The big reveal is here :)
I worked on an interactive motive development tool, because I was not satisfied with the existing melody generation in RC.

Please send me feedback about its usability, and if you like my new approach to user interface.

Explanation:

This is the most sophisticated melody generator and editor that exists today. :borg:

The melody you edit under the Melody Editor tab is encapsulated in the "Melody Editor" phrase generator. You can also start working in the Melody Editor and add the resulting melody to the clipboard that you can insert to a track, so you don't have to start by adding a "Melody Editor" phrase generator...

Motive and rhythm is logically separated so you can use several motives with the same rhythm pattern, or the same motive with different rhythm patterns. (A new more advanced rhythm mapping algorithm was added than the one used previously...) Motives are indicated by capital letters A to H. The melody is divided into sections, and each section uses a motive and a rhythm, which do not necessarily have to be the same. In addition several variations can be applied to sections that are commonly used in melodies (inversions, rhythm displacement, adding lead-in notes, adding connecting notes, etc). Right clicking inside a section brings up a context pop-up menu where you can regenerate the rhythm only, the motive only, or both, and offers other options. BTW if you click on the 'selected' letter in the 'motive' header, it will regenerate the motive, if you click on the selected rhythm letter, it will generate a new rhythm.

You can generate a new melody by clicking on the "flash" button, but before that, set up melody options by right-clicking on the "flash" button. You can also mutate an existing melody by clicking on the "dice" button. Similarly right-click to set up mutation options.

So I hope you will like this new tool in RapidComposer.
Any feedback is welcome. Suggestions for better default values are also welcome.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

congrats on this! This should be fun!

I wonder when the grouping of tracks appeared? Maybe I have not noticed before? And how does it work? )))

The group track is there for many years :)
It allows editing multiple tracks in the same piano roll. You can select which tracks to display.
It makes it easy to move phrases from one track to the other (for a single click)

might be a misunderstanding of the work flow for me, but, ... If I open the editor, copy the default melody to the clip board, go to the composition, then paste the melody, then open that in the phrase browser, then click on edit in melody editor, make a change, the click apply, it says it can't apply because either track or original phase is deleted..

Overall, it's a "wow".. great job!

:tu: :dog:

Thanks Attila! Of course, I have not yet explored new possibilities, but it seemed to me that it would be great to add the ability to record in real time to the new melodic editor ... I could play and record a new phrase and immediately regenerate it with different options without losing the original .

Еverything is very interesting, but it’s not yet clear: how to set the loop length inside the melody ?

You cannot set the loop length, the whole melody is looping, just like with the phrase editor.

You are right, this small bug is fixed now.
Thanks for reporting it, BluGenes!
Attila
BluGenes wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:51 am , make a change, the click apply, it says it can't apply because either track or original phase is deleted..

:clap:

Return to “MusicDevelopments”