v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
musicdevelopments
KVRAF
3646 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Post Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:30 am

RapidComposer 3.9b8 is available!

Improvements:
  • New rhythm generator: Modern Rhythm Patterns (creates rhythm used in deep house and other modern genres)
  • Modern Random Rhythm was replaced with a new implementation (creates unique rhythm patterns used in deep house and other modern genres)
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Innovative music software for creative musicians - home of RapidComposer and Syne

yellukhan
KVRAF
1673 posts since 10 Mar, 2004

Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Post Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:02 am

Hi Attila,
sorry for the late reply!

Thank you for detailed explanation & new bETA :love:

BluGenes
KVRian
650 posts since 15 May, 2017

Post Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:39 pm

musicdevelopments wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:28 am
OMG! :scared:
Are you sure there is no duplicate of your files in the DB folder, somewhere under the DB folder in hierarchy?
I can't find another explanation for this.
yea, I figured it out... a long long time ago in a galaxy very near.. I put all those control files into there own folders just to see if it would work. As I remember, it doesn't .. lol all good..

however, harmonization still doesn't work... any ideas?

EDIT: I think it is because of the work flow and that I may be generating to many notes in the editor for the harmonization..(and the rule set is really a minimum, the minor default)

In any case, yea, you should add a master track to the editor. As it is, very powerful, but, not really flexible. In most cases, I think the user will want a specific chord progression to work with..

magicmusic
KVRian
1161 posts since 11 Nov, 2013

Post Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:59 am

musicdevelopments wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:04 am
yellukhan wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:31 am
Global Randomize and Track randomize makes only a slight variations instead of a total randomization
am i expecting something wrong?
Hi yellukhan,

you are right, regeneration did not work well for "Melody Editor" phrases. Now this is fixed in v3.9b7.

Please note that this is not very useful in the Idea Tool, because the workflow is
Generate/edit melody -> Harmonize
instead of
Master track chords -> Generate melody for chords

The melody is NOT using any chords, so it won't sound good if inserted under random chords.
It is meant as a motive development tool, which you can harmonize and use with the right chords.

If there is demand, I'll insert a mini master track in the Melody Editor so that it can generate a melody for existing chords...

Thanks,
Attila
I suggest you simular, per private mail. you suggest me too to use harmonize. I do this, but i get only worse results of it. maybe there is a video somewhere how to use.it change my chords all to I chord, i have set in harmonize change every bar and my melody is 4 bars long. it is ok when short notes 1/8 are not fit to chord, but long notes should always fit to chord or use vibrato to sound not out of tune. vibrato help alot that out of chord long notes sound good.

maybe you can do a vote for future features. and btw: i hope you not forget controller support in phrases. best is when there can in melody editor add a pitchbend vibrato in the hold feature. so there can add another option "hold with Vibrato"
For Bug report Purpose that developer see which system i use; win 10 64 1809 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 16 GB Ram

forrestlong
KVRist
99 posts since 6 May, 2014

Post Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:06 pm

Wow Attila! This beta release is feature-rich insane, you could have made this an entirely new version! Thank you so much!

Now I just have to wrap my head around how the melody editor exactly works ... it was definitely a missing piece of RC ... to be able to develop melodies independent of harmonic structures.

Well done! :tu:
Forrest

lulukom
KVRian
899 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Post Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:14 pm

In any case, yea, you should add a master track to the editor. As it is, very powerful, but, not really flexible. In most cases, I think the user will want a specific chord progression to work with..
+1
i hope you not forget controller support in phrases.
+1

yellukhan
KVRAF
1673 posts since 10 Mar, 2004

Post Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:58 pm

a Q.
in the Melody Editor Spacebar Play/Stop doesn't work to me,
am i alone ? or am i missing some settings to make it work ?

lulukom
KVRian

Post Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:01 pm

It seems to me that shortcuts do not work there at all) ..

BluGenes
KVRian

Post Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:20 am

default phrase length not working.. I set composition to 6 beats per bar and set the default to 6 beats in the phrase browser, but, when I drop the phrase, it's only 4 beats.

musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Post Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:56 am

Thanks for the feedback!
I will try to add a master track to the melody editor, although I did not plan that...
I'll implement keyboard shortcuts too.

The default phrase length is not applied to the melody editor at the moment.

Thanks,
Attila
Innovative music software for creative musicians - home of RapidComposer and Syne

musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Post Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:02 am

forrestlong wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:06 pm
Wow Attila! This beta release is feature-rich insane, you could have made this an entirely new version! Thank you so much!
Hi Forrest,

thank you for your kind comment! Melody Editor will be part of v4.0, and also a separate product (in various plug-in formats). In the next weeks the RC user interface will be redesigned. You'll always have access to the latest versions here.

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Post Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:20 am

lulukom wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:14 pm
+1
You can use the "Melody Generator" if you want melody for existing chords. If you decide to further edit the melody, you can convert it to a normal phrase. I am thinking of adding a mini master track but I did not want the Melody Editor to be complicated. It is a tool for motive development.
lulukom wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:14 pm
i hope you not forget controller support in phrases.
+1
It is definitely not forgotten.

lulukom
KVRian

Post Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:20 am

Hi Attila!
Thanks for the answer ! Regarding the mini master track in the Mlodic Editor, I can say that I still think it is necessary because I don’t need melodies that are not related to harmony with the composition .. anyway, after transferring the melody to the composition, it will be another melody according to the chords of the main master track .. Let there be nothing complicated, except for chords mini master track) Thank you!

BluGenes
KVRian

Post Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:49 am

musicdevelopments wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:56 am

The default phrase length is not applied to the melody editor at the moment.

Thanks,
Attila
Try 6 beats with a chord generator and compare..

BluGenes
KVRian

Post Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:12 am

Just ran a quick test and it's just the chord generator not obeying the size set in the phrase browser..

Return to “MusicDevelopments”