v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
BluGenes
KVRian
650 posts since 15 May, 2017

Post Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:45 am

magicmusic wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:45 am
musicdevelopments wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:25 am
Please note that variations may create notes outside the range.
The note range should be respected for the original generated notes.
Now that saving and loading presets work, you can send me a badly behaving melody (.RCmldy files from Documents/RapidComposerV3/MelodyPresets).
to avoid this, maybe a general for all working variation effect note range can help. this offer to add a note range and what should do with the notes when it is over range. shift 1 octave , ignore or clip to chord note that is nearest range limit. this can then use in all generators
If you add a "limit note range" variation to the track, it works just fine.. (in addition to what the editor does)

musicdevelopments
KVRAF
3646 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Post Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:36 am

forrestlong wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:28 am
Hi Attila,

I'm having just way tooooo much fun with the new Melody Editor! :party:

One thing I notice is that when I transfer the melody to the MIDI Import tab, it does not retain the key. I'm assuming that Midi Import is performing its own analysis still.
Hi Forrest,

I don't think I replied to your post. Please do not take the melody into the MIDI Import tab, that is not the right workflow.
The melody contains much more information than a plain MIDI file. The button next to the 'heart' button is for dropping the melody onto DAWs in the form of a MIDI file.
If you created a new melody, place the melody into the clipboard, that you can paste into the composition.

Thanks,
Attila

EDIT: the MIDI drag button is on the left side of the presets button
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Innovative music software for creative musicians - home of RapidComposer and Syne

Return to “MusicDevelopments”