v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
lulukom
KVRian
928 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Post Wed May 20, 2020 8:54 am

beta 16 ... Crash ... drag and drop phrases from browser to track
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BluGenes
KVRian
727 posts since 15 May, 2017

Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Post Wed May 20, 2020 9:01 am

David wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:45 am
Anybody here willing to hold my hand and walk with me through doing or getting whatever I need to have access to these betas!? I've got an RSS button now in Safari, and have apparently added the beta feed to some list using it, but all I see from that is that I've added it, and the option to Import or Export, whatever that means; It certainly doesn't lead to any place where I can download the beta. TIA.
Send a PM to Attila, he will set you up.. When you do get a beta, install it in a separate directory than the production version.. It will use the same documents folder.. I use "Rapid Composer Beta" as the install directory.. also, keep the downloads separate.. keep the betas in one download directory and production in another..

In may require you to roll back a version, in which case, just re-install a previous version that worked the best..

BluGenes
KVRian

Post Wed May 20, 2020 9:02 am

yea, beta 16 has a drag and drop bug, so, roll back to beta 14 till it is fixed..

David
KVRAF
1764 posts since 5 Jan, 2003 from Brookings, OR

Post Wed May 20, 2020 9:11 am

BluGenes wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:01 am
David wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:45 am
Anybody here willing to hold my hand and walk with me through doing or getting whatever I need to have access to these betas!? I've got an RSS button now in Safari, and have apparently added the beta feed to some list using it, but all I see from that is that I've added it, and the option to Import or Export, whatever that means; It certainly doesn't lead to any place where I can download the beta. TIA.
Send a PM to Attila, he will set you up.. When you do get a beta, install it in a separate directory than the production version.. It will use the same documents folder.. I use "Rapid Composer Beta" as the install directory.. also, keep the downloads separate.. keep the betas in one download directory and production in another..

In may require you to roll back a version, in which case, just re-install a previous version that worked the best..
That's what I've always done until now, every time, but that's a drag for both of us I'm sure. Altho nothing compared to trying to figure out news feeds and readers, blah blah…

Thanks for the other tips:)
Last edited by David on Wed May 20, 2020 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

tanislas
KVRer
28 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Post Wed May 20, 2020 9:35 am

musicdevelopments wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:36 am
I am sorry for the issues. I fixed the plug-in crashes and when right-clicking on the stop button. New beta version will be uploaded soon. Recently I had a big code rework, usually I don't add new bugs to the existing ones :oops:
tanislas wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:53 pm
Also I think with logic it' s more useful if we have a midi fx version.
Thanks
Hi tanislas,

is it possible to route the output channels of an AU MIDI FX to other instrument tracks? I thought a MIDI FX works only in the instrument track it was inserted in.

Thanks,
Attila
Hi Attila, you 're right-I was thinking of a multiple instance of RC as midi fx but it s not a good idea!!! forget what I said. Thx

David
KVRAF
1764 posts since 5 Jan, 2003 from Brookings, OR

Post Wed May 20, 2020 10:01 am

tanislas wrote: ↑Wed May 20, 2020 12:53 am
Thanks
RC works great standalone sending multiple tracks/channels to Logic via the IAC Driver, especially as a way to record variations and any other RC manipulations in real time, or with added Logic MIDI FX, and for later detailed editing. And of course for driving unique Logic synths and samplers, plugins, FX, etc.

tanislas
KVRer
28 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Post Wed May 20, 2020 9:54 pm

David wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:01 am
tanislas wrote: ↑Wed May 20, 2020 12:53 am
Thanks
RC works great standalone sending multiple tracks/channels to Logic via the IAC Driver, especially as a way to record variations and any other RC manipulations in real time, or with added Logic MIDI FX, and for later detailed editing. And of course for driving unique Logic synths and samplers, plugins, FX, etc.
thank you! it seems that this is the way to go ...the plugins are stll buggy on mac

musicdevelopments
KVRAF
3760 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Post Thu May 21, 2020 8:14 am

RapidComposer 3.9b17 is available!

Thanks everyone for reporting the crash for dragging attempts. :love:

Improvements:
  • Fixed crash when dragging from the browsers
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Innovative music software for creative musicians - home of RapidComposer, Melodya and Syne

BluGenes
KVRian

Post Thu May 21, 2020 9:00 am

fixed! : :hyper: :clap:

BluGenes
KVRian

Post Thu May 21, 2020 9:15 am

the vst3 is acting strange, sort of.. bear with me...

loaded it twice in Reaper, but, separately.. The first time, the browser buttons would not show the browsers, then removed it from Reaper and it crashed..

The second time, loaded fine, browser buttons worked, did not crash on removal. However, it failed to load the phrase library. It didn't scan at all.. But, I didn't re-boot in-between crashes, so, I never cleared memory from the previous crash.. If you force the re-load of the phrases, it hangs..

yellukhan
KVRAF
1710 posts since 10 Mar, 2004

Post Fri May 22, 2020 10:38 am

uhmm!
i bet i am having one of my senior moment !
where is that Reset option in the Slice Phrase Variation ?
:oops:

lulukom
KVRian

Post Fri May 22, 2020 10:45 am

On Mac Os, it exists))
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

yellukhan
KVRAF
1710 posts since 10 Mar, 2004

Post Fri May 22, 2020 11:02 am

Oh my!
i thought it was explanation text :D

Thank you so much lulukom !

lulukom
KVRian

Post Fri May 22, 2020 11:04 am

:) :phones: :hihi:

lovemusic15
KVRer
5 posts since 12 Aug, 2015

Post Fri May 22, 2020 6:02 pm

When using this as a VST inside Ableton, it only lets me open one instance of RC .I'm not sure if this is because it's a beta update but had to download this version as the previous one kept crashing.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”