v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
musicdevelopments
KVRAF
3822 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Post Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:49 am

Thanks, David for the tip! :tu:
David wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:23 am
The easiest (3rd-party) way to play with MIDI FX and multiple tracks in Logic, that I know of anyway, is to use Pluginguru's plugin host Unify, which has a ton of MIDI FX built in and also hosts them (both AUs and VST/VST3s), and can send either to multiple internal tracks hosting any instrument plugin you've got. Seems to work best with the VST versions of plugins that send out MIDI, often not so good with the AU MIDI FX version of such tools, eg Reaktor, which has an AU MID FX version, which doesn't work in Unify, but the VST works great.

(There's a nice feature breakdown and video demo for Unify at Sweetwater, btw.)
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Innovative music software for creative musicians - home of RapidComposer, Melodya and Syne

sj1
KVRist
174 posts since 13 Mar, 2017

Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Post Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:55 am

musicdevelopments wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:38 am
At the moment it is not possible to merge two shorter lines into a longer one. So changing the structure but preserving everything is not possible now.

In a few days I'll start reworking the structure inspector. I will keep this feature in mind.
To reflect to your suggestion, very soon not just tempo but other properties can be set in the top bar. (You and lulukom are reading my mind? :) )
OK, sounds good, thanks!!

BluGenes
KVRian
773 posts since 15 May, 2017

Post Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:20 am

It's very, very possible that can be set in Reaper as a default, the merge buffer.. I don't have that set and it's possible you do, Attila.

Just be sure to check to see if the percussion generator doesn't have a second issue with previewing a phrase.. I got a crash after closing the window (FX) and then opening and clicking on the phrase.. It got stuck on play back and then it crashed Reaper..

EDIT: Just checked the Reaper forums and it is NOT possible to set that as default, so, why it works for you is a mystery.. hehe

crossovercable
KVRist
452 posts since 26 May, 2014

Post Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:02 am

InLight-Tone wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:05 am
crossovercable wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:31 am
4 instances seems to be working ok in Reaper, I haven't tried any other DAWs.
I'm in Logic and I'm jealous! My kingdom for a RC MidiFX plugin!
VST3 and VST Chaining with KV Element
viewtopic.php?f=285&t=541799
RC VST3i should just drag into KV Element AU

lulukom
KVRian
968 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Post Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:05 am

Deleted
Last edited by lulukom on Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lulukom
KVRian

Post Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:36 am

Deleted
Last edited by lulukom on Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BluGenes
KVRian

Post Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:03 pm

Dunno, but works for me when I have the instrument on a track and that track selected, clicking the preview in the browser plays the selected track's instrument..

sj1
KVRist

Post Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:48 pm

Hi,

The split phrase function is hit-or-miss for me here with 3.9b21.

For example, clicking here as shown should have split the Gmaj7 phrase, right?
RC - No Split Action 01.jpg

It did not.

Sometimes I can make it happen, sometimes it doesn't happen.

Do others observe the same?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sj1
KVRist

Post Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:51 pm

I also note that it is hard to keep the time location (16.1.00 above) stable. After setting the time location, subsequent selection of the phrase often (but not always) results in a moved time location.

lulukom
KVRian

Post Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:58 pm

Dunno, but works for me when I have the instrument on a track and that track selected, clicking the preview in the browser plays the selected track's instrument..
I'm in the PREVIEW BROWSER does not sound like the sound of which is selected on the track, but one that is selected in the SETTING / PREVIEW.

lulukom
KVRian

Post Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:04 pm

Add : When “clip” is turned on and the phrase from the browser replaces the phrase on the track, then YES, what is selected in the track sounds )

sj1
KVRist

Post Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:20 pm

Hi,

I'm finding the 'Remove Scale Change' button to be extremely elusive.

This picture shows a successful access to the 'Remove Scale Change' button after right-clicking on "C Major", but right-clicking on the (redundant) "Ab Major" just before (in an attempt to delete it) does not produce the 'Remove Scale Change' button. Similar experiences take place for me throughout the timeline.

RC - Remove Scale Change 01.jpg

I've attached a .zip to the file I'm working with. My goal here is to insert scale changes to line up with the ii -V7 -I 's and so forth, but I'm finding in the process of inserting and deleting scale changes that things change in ways that don't make sense to me.

I'm open to the notion that I need education here, but OTOH if the program is not behaving as it should then that needs to be known and fixed also.

So, can anyone straightforwardly make this set of scale changes without head-scratching moments along the way?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lulukom
KVRian

Post Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:29 pm

Yes, perhaps, all that I wanted to add is that the preview in the browser play the sound specified in the track, without changing the phrase to phrase track of the browser! That's all !)

lulukom
KVRian

Post Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:41 pm

Ah, yes ... It’s still not clear why there are scales in the browser if they cannot be dragged onto the master track? )
Perhaps just to listen to how they sound?))

BluGenes
KVRian

Post Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:50 pm

lulukom wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:41 pm
Ah, yes ... It’s still not clear why there are scales in the browser if they cannot be dragged onto the master track? )
Perhaps just to listen to how they sound?))
Yea, I think that is what it is, just for reference..

Yea, I see what you mean about the phrase preview. It actually depends on the settings to get that behavior, which is how mine is set..

But also consider, for instance a bass sound. Not all vst's bass' will sound the same, so, some sort of default may or may not work for the user. Actually, any specific target sound would be like that.. What you have is a general idea of what the sound would be like.. if that makes sense..

Return to “MusicDevelopments”