v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
lovemusic15
KVRer
11 posts since 12 Aug, 2015

Post Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:55 pm

Thanks Attila ,Great work on apply shapes, I've been using this for hours and it hasn't crashed once very responsive. I definitely second having the ability to be able to preview midi files would be very useful.also would be great to still have the ability to drag the phrase browser anywhere on the screen .

lulukom
KVRian
968 posts since 30 Nov, 2013

Re: v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Post Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:01 am

Yea, I think that is what it is, just for reference..

Yea, I see what you mean about the phrase preview. It actually depends on the settings to get that behavior, which is how mine is set..

But also consider, for instance a bass sound. Not all vst's bass' will sound the same, so, some sort of default may or may not work for the user. Actually, any specific target sound would be like that.. What you have is a general idea of what the sound would be like.. if that makes sense..
Yes you are right !
But still, probably, we need to talk about the approximate correspondence of the main groups of musical instruments (Piano, Bass, etc.), well, in general, GM would suit me a set))

musicdevelopments
KVRAF
3822 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Post Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:11 am

RapidComposer 3.9b22 is available!

Improvements:
  • [macOS] Fixed wrong pop-up menu position
  • Browser width properly restored
  • [Plug-ins] fixed crashing issues and hanging notes with phrase generator preview in the inspector
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Innovative music software for creative musicians - home of RapidComposer, Melodya and Syne

lulukom
KVRian

Post Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:48 am

Thanks Attila!
The picture is changing for the better right before our eyes! )
Little comments ...
Consider the head of the browser:
- Everything is fine with phrases !And I would probably add the command "Create a folder from the selected phrases"
- With a rhythm too !
- Scales need to be taught to drag into the master track .
- I have nothing to add to the Сhords, except for the opportunity to directly open the Chord selector .
- Chord progressions: The name of the Prg is too similar to “Programs” and is a little confusing) And the question is: How to set the length of chords within a progression and the whole progression as a whole? To drag and drop to the master track, of course!
- With the Instruments everything is fine, but where is the inspectors of phrases with presets for Variations? and tracks Inspectors )
- And the last one is apparently the Track (Templates?) The name is not very good - Trk .. Maybe TT? Or just Templ?)
Thanks, The width of the browser is perfectly adjustable!
Last edited by lulukom on Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

BluGenes
KVRian
773 posts since 15 May, 2017

Post Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:50 am

still got the buffer issue with the vst.. i'll look more into it in the next day or so..

BluGenes
KVRian

Post Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:47 am

I need someone else to to verify a test with Reaper and the RC VSTi3..

Start a new project in Reaper, create 3 tracks, 1st track add RC, 2nd track add a different VST, 3rd track add another VST. No need to route anything.. Close all the FX windows and save the project..

Now, reopen the project and WAIT till there is no more disk drive activity. All the VST's should be loaded by then.. open the FX windows in reverse, 3rd track first, then 2nd track and lastly, the RC track.

If when you open the RC track, did you see the RC splash screen?

yellukhan
KVRAF
1718 posts since 10 Mar, 2004

Post Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:22 am

is this is what you are looking for?

BluGenes
KVRian

Post Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:35 am

yes.. If you did in the correct steps, then RC not running when FX window closed..

Thanks!

To test further, connect the routing and make a composition, etc.. and see if RC plays when the FX window closed..

yellukhan
KVRAF
1718 posts since 10 Mar, 2004

Post Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:00 am

ah yes it seems
first have to open the GUI to make RC start to load the libraries..
can confirm also VST3 and VST2 needs GUI always open..
some more strange test
in the Reaper add RC VST2

-open GUI
-press to play in Reaper and close the RC GUI
RC still works and you can play/stop without problem

but in some cases like:
-stop Reaper
-open RC GUI and close it then press to play in Reaper
-RC doesn't work/no sound

after trying this steps i get Reaper crash

BluGenes
KVRian

Post Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:13 am

great yellukhan, helps a lot.. wasn't sure if was something in Reaper I missed in settings.. Think this is enough for Attila to kill this bug..

sj1
KVRist
174 posts since 13 Mar, 2017

Post Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:04 pm

Hi,

Working with an imported MIDI file, I was "stuck with" two extra blank measures at the beginning.

RC - Two Extra Bars At Front 01.jpg

The quickest way I've found so far to deal with this is to remove region on those two bars.

RC - Timeline Remove Region.jpg

However, this makes the structure in the Structure Browser no longer aligned with 16-bar phrases.

RC - New Structure.jpg

Can the layout in the Structure Browser be recalculated?

Or would there be a better way to deal with this situation rather than removing the region?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BluGenes
KVRian

Post Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:00 am

This was supposed to have been addressed, but, I have to ask.. If you load that same midi into your DAW, does it still have the extra blank space? If so, the solution would be to just trim it, save and then re-import it.. but, again, have to ask..

sj1
KVRist
174 posts since 13 Mar, 2017

Post Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:03 am

Yes, the 2-bar blank spot is in the exported MIDI file, created by the exporting program (BIAB) where to all appearances it should not have been. That issue is being queried in another Forum!

Sure, one could always insert another program and set of procedures in the "pipeline" and somehow offer RC an import that is "ready-as-desired".

Here, I'm just focusing and asking about working with RC itself, "after-the-fact" as it were. It is RC that gets me where I ultimately want to go here, and the RC environment is preferred!

BluGenes
KVRian

Post Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:31 pm

yea, ok.. You sometimes need to do prep work on midi to have RC do it's magic.. That is usually done in a DAW, BIAB and RC are not DAWS.. I highly recommend buying one.. Reaper is by far the easiest and least expensive to get.. But, there are a bunch of them out there.. (I use a couple different ones myself).. It's a tool, I like tools.. lol

lulukom
KVRian

Post Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:40 am

Hello to all !
Is it just me or everyone ...?
The new scale, tempo and signature are inserted only at the beginning of the master track, but not where the cursor is! You cannot insert scale, tempo and signature anywhere in the master track (((((((
But it seems to me that someone reported this? I missed it and now I got it myself ((((
Or now everyone plays from beginning to end only in C Major 4/4 and T = 120?)))))))
(Mac Os Mojave / RC 3.9 b22 )

Return to “MusicDevelopments”