v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

josejuan wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:51 pm Now, I record from RC to Live whith Virtual midi, but drag and drop is more quick
U can drag and drop in Live just check if either one is running as admin, both should run as same Admin or user, use ctrl + drag (from track header) to ur DAW. You can also drag and drop a specific section of the timeline from RC, just highlight the section u want in RC(in timeline) the, click the timeline button in transport control in RC now ctrl + drag from the track header from RC to DAW.
(this is as off 3.84, i believe nothing is changed in beta)

Check this thread viewtopic.php?p=7875229

My advice u can take it or leave it ur choice, use Reaper just for using RC as a VST, do ur thing and finally take that to Live, that way u can use RC s full potential also u can use all ur vst s no worries. The only downside u might need to save all ur vst setting as presets, and reopen it again.
Been using Live for a long time gave up cauz its a mess when it comes to routing.. and updates doesnt mean anything anymore

Thank you
The problem was I don't run the programs as admin.
I tried now and is perfect
Thanks JustSomeRamdomDude1

In the files tab of the browser, RC doesn't show contents of folders.. (I was looking at the DB folder via RC..) Is that on purpose?

Also, when you drag and drop, for example, a progression folder to a new progression folder, there is no update. You have to close RC to reload..

The file browser shows MIDI files by default:

Do you think it would be less confusing for the first-time user to show all files?

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Didn't think to look at that options tab, so, that means a new user wouldn't do that either. Is the include/exclude comma separated? If so, maybe come up with a better default.. However, messing with the RC "system" folders and contents could be disastrous..

Regarding that options pop-up, it would be good if it could always be of sufficient size (width) to show the full pathname.

For example, here is a picture showing my pathname cut off one character short.

RC - Options Not Wide Enough for Filename 01.jpg

(It should be C:\Users\Steve\Documents\RapidComposerV3 in this case.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sorry for the very late question

i am trying to find how do i activate the auto loop function
like before when double clicking to a part/line :help:

what did i miss? :oops:

EDIT:
very late Q vol2

is there is a way to define the button (Play/Loop etc) colors active/inactive separately?
sorry if its obvious i just couldn't find .. might be a senior moment :?

Hi Attila

is it possible we can have the option like the old versions of RC where we can separate all the windows as I find the file browser take up alot of space on the screen and I like the option to be able to drag stuff rather than having to move stuff out the way. I find it really slows down the workflow when you have to keep closing and opening the browser in the same screen especially when you're using the idea tool it gets very cramped on one screen I'm using it on a PC with two separate monitors .
would like to have the option to be able to move the browser to one side of the screen and keep it open

Thanks

yellukhan wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:37 pm sorry for the very late question

EDIT:
very late Q vol2

is there is a way to define the button (Play/Loop etc) colors active/inactive separately?
Might have changed, but, for example, in your picture, double click the purple part bar. Works while in idea tool too..

hmmm
i think you mean regions in the arrangement/timeline ?
i was looking/asking for the Part/Line browser's mouse action

check settings, misc edit too..

After further review, I think that broke..

yellukhan wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:37 pm sorry for the very late question

I think this disappeared when the structure editor was rewritten. I'll fix it today.
Normally you can control this behaviour by these settings:

I am going to add a "Select Line/Part and Enable Loop" now...
yellukhan wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:37 pm EDIT:
very late Q vol2

No, at the moment the transport icons use the global selection color. Do you need a separate color for all icons or just for the transport buttons? I'll add new colors if needed. At the moment the icon colors are automatically white or black depending on the background color.

I have already built the first v4.0 beta version.

Thanks,
Attila

Thank you BluGenes !

Attila,

i believe
"Select Line/Part and Enable Loop" will do the job done
:love: Thank you!

about the button colors .. actually i was referring only the Play and Loop transport controls,
but!
it seems something strange in my system ..
yesterday i was seeing dark grey when Play pressed (also when Loop activated)
now i see they are Orange, which is my global selection color
and
No, no need to have separate colors for them!

(and yes it was a senior moment but in a different way :ud: .. sorry for the confusion)

"Select Line/Part and Enable Loop" is already added, and I made sure it works in the structure editor too.

I know you are using your own color theme, but it is a good idea to reload all colors from the "Dark" theme to make sure all new colors are set properly. At the moment I am cleaning up colors and add new ones for the SVG icons.

Please post replies in the new v4 beta topic, as this topic will be locked soon.

Thanks, :)
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”