v3 Beta Feedback And Discussion (Bugs, Features, Suggestions)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

I like the option, when all the words of the phrase with a capital letter!
Yes, thank you, freehand works, but I can not understand how it works?
There start point and end point of the line, these points is may be more? And as one would draw the chords?

musicdevelopments wrote:A new feature was added today:

BTW I would like to ask your opinion. Most labels in RC have every word capitalized. This annoys me, and I am thinking about changing these labels so that only the first letter is capitalized.

Which is better?
Save Selected Chords As Progression
or
Save selected chords as progression
?
:bang:
what a beautiful look :D
+1
i agree about capitalize first letter only

Can anyone confirm this:
Saving Phrase Container causes freeze here
RC v3.0b2 x63 standalone Win7 x64

i tried saving same container in v2.92b5 x64 ... saved in no time without problem.
in v2 i can reload from browser this new saved container but after restarting RC,
loading not working, this is same v2 and v3
Container becomes default preset... 2 chord generator in it.

Saving with project (v2) and opening in v2 also v3 seems fine .

am i miss something?

edit:
well i do not know why i miss earlier power of Phrase Container Generator :dog:
so
is this isn't already suggested ( even could be v4)
if there is a save snapshot for all used containers in the project
to the let say 30 (or 100 why not :D ) snapshot slots..
save and recall easily while randomizing them would fantastic imho.

similar to Reaper's Take Comp system:
http://www.screencast.com/t/j1YhNPK6

:roll:

how about saving all track "especially variations" settings too in my imaginary snapshots :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coc_HTN_6Po

Dear Attila,

thanks for your speedy delivery of the OS X beta. The window for the chords now indeed does open up. However, it's now the Chord-Suggestions-Window that gives me trouble under OS 10.11.1: It does open up, but only with an empty frame.

Keep up the good work!

Thomas

P.S.: I think I found some more bugs:

* The Chord-Suggestions-window doesn't open up in Windows, too. (I'd attach a screenshot if I knew how). As a VST in Reaper, it works, though! It's only in the stand-alone version of Windows X86.

* In OS X, I couldn't get the VST-version to run (in Ableton). I do find it in Ableton's plug-in-browser and I can insert RC into a track. But then I can't open up its window.

* In Windows, none of my VST-plugins can be chosen, anymore. (They do, however, all appear in the list under <<Settings/VSTi>>. But when I later try to assign one of them to a track, the list in the track-inspector only shows the usual RC-soundfonts.

Attila, do you plan developing an AU or better AUMFX version of the plugin for Logic Pro X users? This would be greatly useful! And since the plugin is only a bridge to the standalone now it shouldn't be too complicated to develop an AU version anymore. Or is it?

yellukhan wrote:Can anyone confirm this:
Saving Phrase Container causes freeze here
RC v3.0b2 x63 standalone Win7 x64

i tried saving same container in v2.92b5 x64 ... saved in no time without problem.
in v2 i can reload from browser this new saved container but after restarting RC,
loading not working, this is same v2 and v3
Container becomes default preset... 2 chord generator in it.

Saving with project (v2) and opening in v2 also v3 seems fine .

am i miss something?

edit:
well i do not know why i miss earlier power of Phrase Container Generator :dog:
so
is this isn't already suggested ( even could be v4)
if there is a save snapshot for all used containers in the project
to the let say 30 (or 100 why not :D ) snapshot slots..
save and recall easily while randomizing them would fantastic imho.

similar to Reaper's Take Comp system:
http://www.screencast.com/t/j1YhNPK6

:roll:
I have no problem with saving a container Yellukhan and since your edit I'm confused if you still have the freeze.
Using Vista x64, RC BETA v3.0b2.

I am having a problem with the phrase container though in that when hitting regenerate it keeps reverting to the first phrase type in the list of possible phrases (Chord Generator) and the first arrangement, "ABCD...".

So, to test the above theory, I removed the "Chord Phrase Generator and got this:
RC Crash - Phrase Container test 11.15.15.jpg
To confirm the crash I re-opened RC and went through the steps and after 4 "Regenerate" RC crashes again. :shrug:
RC Phrase Container Crash 2 - 11.15.15.jpg
Attila, please let me know if more info is needed.

Thanks!
dsan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Nextom wrote:P.S.: I think I found some more bugs:

* The Chord-Suggestions-window doesn't open up in Windows, too. (I'd attach a screenshot if I knew how). As a VST in Reaper, it works, though! It's only in the stand-alone version of Windows X86.
Hello Thomas!

Strange, the Chord Suggestions window opens on my Windows and OS X machines. You can attach an image if you open http://snag.gy/ and paste the screenshot there. Just copy the snag.gy URL in the message and add the [ img] [ /img] around the image URL (without spaces). What happens when you make a new composition and click on a chord?
Nextom wrote:* In OS X, I couldn't get the VST-version to run (in Ableton). I do find it in Ableton's plug-in-browser and I can insert RC into a track. But then I can't open up its window.
I have tried the VST version in Reaper and Ableton Live (Trial) on OS X, it worked well in both.
Please check what the following file contains: ~/Documents/RapidComposerV3/VSTLastAppPath.txt
It should contain the path to the V3 application.
Also, please note that the v2 and v3 plug-ins are both named RapidComposer.vst, so make sure the v3 .vst plug-in is loaded. This is a screenshot I made today with playback running:
Nextom wrote:* In Windows, none of my VST-plugins can be chosen, anymore. (They do, however, all appear in the list under <<Settings/VSTi>>. But when I later try to assign one of them to a track, the list in the track-inspector only shows the usual RC-soundfonts.
Yes, this is a bit confusing and is a result of importing the version2 settings. The workaround is that either you need to re-add all plug-ins (remove first from the list, and add them again), or just copy all .rcINST files from the AppData\Roaming\RapidComposer\DB directory to the new AppData\Roaming\RapidComposerV3\DB directory (the same on OS X). I'll fix this in the program which will copy these files automatically.

Sorry for the initial issues, it is going to be better with time...
Thank you!
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Soman wrote:Attila, do you plan developing an AU or better AUMFX version of the plugin for Logic Pro X users? This would be greatly useful! And since the plugin is only a bridge to the standalone now it shouldn't be too complicated to develop an AU version anymore. Or is it?
You are right, it should not be complicated to make an AU version. It is an unknown territory for me, so it would take a week or more. It is not forgotten, although it has low priority right now.

Thanks!
Attila

Hi yellukhan,

it is always impressing to watch how you work with RapidComposer! :clap:
I was testing Phrase Container today, but for some reason I could not reproduce any issues reported here.
Please send me a composition file if it does not load.
I did find an ugly freezing issue when saving generator presets, when the whole program froze when you pressed the 'Save' button. It is fixed now.

Thanks,
Attila

dsan@mail.com wrote: So, to test the above theory, I removed the "Chord Phrase Generator and got this:
(embarrassing picture)

To confirm the crash I re-opened RC and went through the steps and after 4 "Regenerate" RC crashes again. :shrug:
(another embarrassing picture)

Attila, please let me know if more info is needed.

Thanks!
dsan
Hi dsan,

thank you for reporting this bug!
Yes, please send me the steps that lead to this crash. This would be very important to fix.

Thanks,
Attila

Hi dsan,
sorry i confused you via post edit flood... just because of i get really excited :)
saving and loading as i try to describe like this here:

saving phrase in v3.0b2 x64 standalone (didn't try vst) causes instant freeze without any crash message,
saving phrase in v2 latest beta x64 is ok but i can load only while RC open if i restart RC saved container turns to default settings.
saving "project" with containers in v2 and v3 seems ok ...
Thank you for testing !

Hi Attila,
Thank you for kindly comments.

"I did find an ugly freezing issue when saving generator presets, when the whole program froze when you pressed the 'Save' button. It is fixed now."

this is exactly what i was trying to report but i mess...
my excitement didn't let me to write clearly i think :wink:

i'll prepare a test project to send soon as possible,
but i do not think this problem belong to project ...
to me seems Container save issue ...anyway ill send Container presets too.

Before, I couldn't get the Beta to even open.... now with version 3.02, it gets so far as asking for my unlock code... I put it in (the one Attila gave me for version 2, three years ago), and it does not work. Anyone else experience this?

Thanks!

@themixtape, I had a similar problem to yours ( kept instantly crashing on opening because ( I think ) it was looking for the unlock code ).

I basically reinstalled version 2.9, unlocked it with the serial and then installed version 3b2.

Been ok since.

Good luck...

Return to “MusicDevelopments”