More Bars

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I find it awkward trying to add bars. I think you are supposed to grab the control on the right side and just expand, but what do you do if there is no room on the screen and it won't go further right? I grab it and hit the end of the screen, adding maybe a measure at a time. Surely that isn't the right way to do it? :?

Is there some way to enter the number of bars you want directly? the only thing I could find was to change the default for a new composition to a larger number of bars than I need.

Thanks for any help with this.

Tiger

what I do is hold the ctrl key and grab in the time line area (the color bar area) and you can adjust the size of the timeline to make it smaller.. not sure if there is another way or not..

Thanks. That's helpful. I tried dragging it, but didn't try the Control Key.

Tiger

There are several ways to make a line longer.
What you need is right clicking on the timeline, and selecting "Insert X Beats/Bars" at the clicked position:

But there are other ways. If you click on the timeline (when the timeline is in keyboard focus), you can press '+' to add one beat at any position.
If you selected a region on the timeline, e.g. 1 bar, pressing '*' (asterisk) will duplicate the region thus making the line longer. The shortcut '+' means "Add New", while the '*' shortcut means "Duplicate". These work with tracks too.
If you selected a region on the timeline and press Ctrl-C, paste (Ctrl-V) will increase the line length. Make sure the timeline is in keyboard focus.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

musicdevelopments wrote:There are several ways to make a line longer.
What you need is right clicking on the timeline, and selecting "Insert X Beats/Bars" at the clicked position:

But there are other ways. If you click on the timeline (when the timeline is in keyboard focus), you can press '+' to add one beat at any position.
If you selected a region on the timeline, e.g. 1 bar, pressing '*' (asterisk) will duplicate the region thus making the line longer. The shortcut '+' means "Add New", while the '*' shortcut means "Duplicate". These work with tracks too.
If you selected a region on the timeline and press Ctrl-C, paste (Ctrl-V) will increase the line length. Make sure the timeline is in keyboard focus.

Thanks,
Attila
Attila, I very much appreciate your detailed answer! I learned a lot from trying those out. Just a note that only the plus sign and asterisk on the numeric keypad works. The shifted keys on the top row of the keyboard don't do anything.

Tiger

Return to “MusicDevelopments”