V3.43 Preview Madness

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have Preview Off on the man timeline, and there are none of the options checked.

But I still hear a preview sound, sometimes quite lengthy, whenever I change or enter a chord in the Quick Suggestions menu.

It seems to be playing a previous phrase, even if there is nothing in the Phrase Editor.

Anybody have any ideas how to shut it off? Sometimes the phrase it plays is very long!

Tiger

I posted a similar related bug in the the bug reports thread. Attila is really good at fixing the bugs and getting an update out for us.

The preview menu at the top is for phrase and note preview only.

For chord preview you can set all preview options (or disable it entirely) in the Chord Selector. Look for the Options menu:

The question is: did you select using a phrase for the preview yourself, or was it selected erroneously?

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hey Attila, check and see if it is like that on a new install. Or, after an update install...

I found that the preview is stuck on 'phrase preview' if you selected 'For Preview' in the Chord Selector and quit the program.
(In this case the preview is set to 'phrase' temporarily. If you quit the program, permanently ;) )
But this should not confuse you if you know how to change the preview option.
This is being fixed now. I am preparing a beta version.
Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

To Attila's question: The preview phrase was selected erroneously. In one case it was using a Midi Drum pattern that I had inserted as a phrase into the song. I don't remember if it was ever in the Phrase editor. Of course it was previewing it with a piano, so you can imagine how this drum phrase sounded on a piano!

I had left Preview on in the previous version, and set it to "Chord +Bass", at your suggestion.

But somehow it had gotten set back to "Preview Phrase in Phrase Editor." I did not reset it.

Did the update to 3.43 (or one of the other updates since 3.4) possibly reset it or override my preferences?

Tiger

Return to “MusicDevelopments”