RC As VSTI Chord Preview

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Attila,

For the life of me, I cannot get RC to send actual MIDI when clicking on a chord symbol. I'm using the latest version of RC as a vsti in the latest version of Reaper (Windows 10 64 bit versions of both). I have RC set up to output to a hardware synth (Yamaha Motif Rack ES) and everything works as expected when I put a phrase in the RC track and play it via the Reaper transport, etc. But the chord preview outputs nothing. I even put a JS MIDI Logger plug in into the "effects chain" on the hardware synth track that is receiving data from RC ... when playing the track via the Reaper transport, MIDI events are logged, but nothing is logged when the transport is not "playing" and I'm clicking on various chords in any of the RC chord dialogs ...

What am I doing wrong, I wonder ...

Thanks for such a wonderful tool !!

Hi jdfair48,

I quickly tested it in Reaper, but chord preview works well here in the VST plug-in regardless of using the 'chord preview instrument' or the 'active track instrument' so I hope there are no serious issues with it. Please check the Settings / Preview tab (this is used when you chose 'Chord Preview Instrument'):

Make sure that chord preview is not disabled in the Chord Selector. Open the Chord Selector, that is where all preview settings are available:

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi Attila,

It's all good ... I used another vsti instrument to receive the preview data ... it worked when I checked the "use active track instrument for preview" option. I guess the Yamaha instrument did not like the sent data ... I turned the volume up on it pretty high and heard a thumping type sound when previewing a chord. Anyway, RC is working correctly so I'll have to work around the Yanaha issue.

Thanks again !!

Thanks for the feedback! I am happy that it works.
The reason is that the chord preview starts with an "All Notes Off" message (to turn off a possible previous preview) but some VSTi's don't handle that well and mute the following Note On's too :( which obviously they should not.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”