Phrase Editor Suggestion Rant

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
tigerintheboat
KVRist
81 posts since 21 Nov, 2016

Post Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:54 pm

My biggest current problem is the way the controls work for playing back the phrase in the Phrase Editor.

On the main screen, the Stop button effectively acts as a PAUSE button....it stops playback and leaves the cursor where it is.

But in the Phrase Editor, the Stop button does not act as Pause. It immediately sends the phrase and the cursor back to the first beat.

So as it is right now, when I am editing a five bar phrase, I am listening to the playback in the Phrase Editor. I have to hit stop to stop the phrase from playing. And that means that the phrase jumps back to bar (1) each time I hit stop, and then I have to scroll over and find the spot again, where I wish to edit.

It would be so helpful to have either a PAUSE button, or just a consistent control, so that when I pressed stop, the cursor stayed where it was, and you could go on editing.

Am I just missing something, or does anyone else need this? It is very hard now to work on several bar phrases, but these are common in music.

Thanks for listening! :cry:
Tiger

BluGenes
KVRist
346 posts since 15 May, 2017

Re: Phrase Editor Suggestion Rant

Post Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:33 am

In the settings tab, under editing...

at the bottom, select NO and the play back cursor will start from the place it stops..

tigerintheboat
KVRist
81 posts since 21 Nov, 2016

Post Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:40 am

Blugenes,

Thanks for your attentiveness.

I looked at this setting as you describe, but IT DOESN'T WORK in the Phrase Editor but mine is already set to NO.

I tried it now on both No and Yes, and the action is still the same.

Must be for some other editing; maybe Note Editing on the main screen?

Does your Phrase Editor always jump back to the start?

Tiger

BluGenes
KVRist
346 posts since 15 May, 2017

Post Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:16 am

oh.. yea, in that case, that is the behavior at the moment. Looks like something that needs to be added by Attila for that to work like that. You can always click on the timeline to set the play back cursor position. Just adjust the view to fit, then click were you need to start play back.

musicdevelopments
KVRAF
2888 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Post Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:45 am

Yes, sorry. Please click on the timeline to start playback from that position.
The reason for this is most people want to listen to the whole phrase after editing, which is good for shorter phrases (1-2 bars).
For editing longer ones, you can use Note Editing mode, where you have full control of playback.
I know you don't like using that, but you can zoom the workspace horizontally and vertically to see every note.

Thanks,
Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions

Return to “MusicDevelopments”