Log File?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
NTO
KVRist
98 posts since 8 Feb, 2011

Post Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:15 am

Going through the tutorial as a noob. Experimentation :clown: causes crashes :dog: . Some might :?: have useful info.
Is there a log file I can set aside at those points?

EDIT:
I'm seeing multi-file directory (seems - if I've saved the working file[at some time - dir can be newer timestamp than project file]).

So save a dir copy be of use?

musicdevelopments
KVRAF
2795 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Re: Log File?

Post Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:49 am

Are you on Windows or macOS?

On Windows there is no log, but crashes are very rare. If you experience crashes on Windows the following trick usually helps: open the installer .exe file Properties, and click on 'Unblock', and start the installation.

On macOS there are crash reports that are useful in one of these folders:
/Libraries/Logs/DiagnosticReports
/Libraries/Logs/CrashReporter
/Users/Username/Library/Logs/CrashReporter

The history directory includes all modifications, so nothing is lost if there is a crash. You can rename the last file (highest index) to .rcCOMP and open it.

A crashing bug was fixed yesterday on macOS when dragging phrases. If you found the same bug, I will send you an update with the fix.

Thanks,
Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions

NTO
KVRist

Post Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:12 am

I'm on Win7, 64 bit. No problem w/install. These are runtime crashes. Looking to open files in the directories mentioned, they are heavily non-readable intermixed w/tex...t
It's my routine editor filling in the 'NUL's following the texts, and other unique items :?: ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

musicdevelopments
KVRAF
2795 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Post Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:21 am

I meant that you should re-install RapidComposer. A few years ago a smart user figured out that when there are mysterious crashes, installing in a specific way will make the program solid. RapidComposer is otherwise solid for thousands of other users.
We do not know why this works, but you should remove RapidComposer and reinstall it the way I suggested.

You don't have to edit the files in a hex editor ;) just add an .rcCOMP extension to the last one...
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions

NTO
KVRist

Post Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:26 am

"You can rename the last file (highest index) to .rcCOMP and open it."
Open it as an RC project?
Not event text. Looking for the error not previous version...

Cut other
Last edited by NTO on Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NTO
KVRist

Post Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:06 am

delete file discussion
Last edited by NTO on Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NTO
KVRist

Post Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:11 am

[quote="musicdevelopments"[cut]
We do not know why this works, but you should remove RapidComposer and reinstall it the way I suggested.
]cut][/quote]

Win7 has five tabs under properties of the installer file. Cannot find an 'unblock' switch on any :?:
(Maybe - Win7 Pro/SP1 and I'm always admin on the machine)

yellukhan
KVRian
1310 posts since 10 Mar, 2004

Post Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:15 pm

Hi,
i am also Admin on my pc
but this is how i install RC and Reaper every time.

NTO
KVRist

Post Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:03 pm

Thanks for your time. Different here. This is what I have versus yours (critical screen for item right?)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”