2796 posts since 9 Jan, 2010
The new version features the Percussion Generator which you can use to create original percussion phrases with a single click (in the full edition only) as well as more than 20 enhancements, like improved phrase preview, drag-and-drop, chord voicings, working with 4K monitors.
- Percussion phrase generator (full edition only)
- Timeline and playback position added to phrase preview
- Loop option added to phrase preview
- Browser buttons cleaned up. Remove unused buttons to reduce the clutter.
- Forward and backward transport controls added
- New options when changing the time signature: 'Resize Chords For The New Time Signature' and 'Keep Line Lengths'
- You can add chord tensions to voicings. This way you can use a 7th note in a phrase even if the chord is a simple triad
- Fixed 'Rootless 9th' voicing which now works as you expect. New voicing added: 'Always Root-3rd-5th-7th' which adds a 7th to triads and removes 9th/11th/13th from more complex chords.
- Setting line length is possible directly in the master track inspector
- MIDI drag and drop improvement: dragging MIDI from Reaper works now (non-existent file in drag data properly handled)
- Dragging single phrases as MIDI: Ctrl-Alt-Shift-drag phrases (multiple phrases work too!)
- Dropping a MIDI file over the track header will replace the track contents
- Chord note parameters in the editor have been renamed to Root, 3rd, 5th, etc.
- 'Export Chords As Text' added
- An option was added to disable transposition for absolute notes in the note editor (e.g. for key-switch notes)
- Voicing menu reworked: all options shown
- Use maximum 8 phrases in the Idea Tool
- 'Maximum Note Height In Editor' can be further increased
- Font sizes extended, bigger fonts can be selected for 4K displays
- Transport button size increased when using bigger fonts, and lots of small cosmetic changes when using big font sizes
- Optimizations in the UI layout engine under the hood
- Minor fixes in using chord lengths
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
You can download the update by clicking on "Check For Updates" under the Support tab, or using the download URLs sent to you in e-mail.
99 posts since 8 Feb, 2011
First, congrats on reaching another milestone!
Bullet those items that are changed subsequent to Beta x, for users who follow those regularly.
* indicates items changed after Beta X.xx (only the beta number right before release work)
20 posts since 4 Jun, 2018
This looks great, nice work
2796 posts since 9 Jan, 2010
Thank you, NTO
It is a bit hard to follow which feature went into which beta version, and to make things worse, many fixes in beta versions appeared in v3.41 to v3.45. It is against my principles that not just bug fixes but new functionality was added to bug-fix updates (3.41 to 3.45), so the list of new features would be much longer between v3.4 and v3.5.
2 posts since 8 Dec, 2017
I don't know if this is something that's possible but it would be a really great feature if you could import your own midi files and then remix them as in be able to move each note up and down left and right or have a button that totally randomizers than MIDI file. there are so many available free midi files online and in sample packs but sometimes you just wanna be able to move the parameters but still keep the rhythm the same. another thing I think would be really handy is if you could import your midi files into the generators the same way that you can Bunch convert them into custom phrases.