Velocity Generator - applied to other CCs?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
SMAustinTexas
KVRer
18 posts since 19 Sep, 2015

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:42 am

Hey guys - I absolutely love the velocity generator. I'd love to apply the same algorithms to expression, dynamics, and other CCs. Possible? From what I can tell, those functions are only available to velocity.

BluGenes
KVRist
347 posts since 15 May, 2017

Re: Velocity Generator - applied to other CCs?

Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:41 pm

hey.. yes, you can, but, it isn't quite like the velocity generator.. It's better explained in this video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uon1Unb ... e=youtu.be

SMAustinTexas
KVRer

Post Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:23 am

Hey thanks! This was very informative. I learned a few things..
1) the cc data applies to tracks, not to phrases (just like a DAW)
2) the cc data does get saved with tracks if you save a track as a track template
3) the cc data does save to a MIDI file if you export the track to MIDI and then import to Cubase

For me, what I really want to be able to do is to save the cc data with the phrase so I can plop phrases into my composition later with the same expression curve (for example). I definitely get that there are situations where you don't want the cc data to be saved but I also think there are just as many reasons to save the cc data for re-use.

Not sure if you made this video or not - but I'd recommend it to anyone getting started with RC.

BluGenes
KVRist
347 posts since 15 May, 2017

Post Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:49 pm

Hey Thanks.. yea, I made the video.. the only way you can get the CC into your phrase is to render the phrase, then load the rendered phrase into the phrase browser..

musicdevelopments
KVRAF
2896 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:00 am

Hi SMAustinTexas,

The development goes in this direction. In the next update (maybe not in v3.6 but immediately afterwards) phrases and notes will have their own MIDI CC's assigned, editable in the Phrase Editor. Not just MIDI CC's but channel messages, like pitch bend, note and channel aftertouch.
There will be MIDI CC generators too, which makes it possible to have a similar tool to Velocity Generator.

Thanks!
Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions

SMAustinTexas
KVRer

Post Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:23 pm

To add to what BluGenes has provided, I recently figured out the connection between the available controller lanes and the controller set/articulation map files. For example, you can specify just the controller lanes you want to have available. See screenshot.

Attila - can't wait to be able to include MIDI CC's as part of the phrase itself. That will be very powerful indeed. If I'm understanding you correctly, these will work a lot like Note Expression data in Cubase but with the significant advantage of being able to work with phrases.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

musicdevelopments
KVRAF
2896 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Post Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:21 am

Right! I was distracted by a few things but MIDI CC's will come immediately after v3.6 (to be released at the end of November).
If you download beta versions I expect MIDI CC's will be available much sooner than in the released v3.7. I am not able to tell exact deadlines.
Thanks,
Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Music Prototyping And Automated Composition Solutions

Return to “MusicDevelopments”