Suggesting scales/Key that fit a (dropped) Chord Progression (in order of % of Matched Notes)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi! Its been a very very long time away from music writing... well.. here where i am stuck right now!

Currently i have to use this to get a scale for weird/not commonly used chord progressions (like lokrian, jewish, aeolian, etc)
https://www.scales-chords.com

1) Is there a quick way ALREADY in RC that does this - i.e Suggest Keys and Scales for a set of given chords in order of % match of notes?
if not, it would be a nice feature... Anywhere is ok for me! (right click chord progression, in progression editor, etc) ... a little menu/list (maybe coloured by number of notes in matching chords)!

There have been ENORMOUS development since the last time i check in! WONDERFUL development so far!!!

2) A little bug i find when i use the magic wand when i right-click a phrase.
e.g Using Random Melody Generator with 8 measures. Right-click, press magic wand. When i press loop phrase preview and press preview phrase in composition with all unmuted tracks. All fine! But when i close this window. The phrase still plays in background. The problem is when i Render the phrase (shortcut - a) to fine tune the melody, original 'un-rendered' loop continue to play in background. but i cannot come back to this window as phrase is NO more a generator.
WORKAROUND:
I need to undo the render to disable the loop to stop the play.

3) One last question. Can we preview all unmuted tracks while playing phrase in the Phrase Editor window? Would be nice!

OK, I am listening :). From the next update you'll have a tool like this:

You can select any number of chords, and the first 20 scales are displayed that include the chords.

Thanks for reporting the preview bug. Please don't forget to turn off the preview until this is fixed.
3) One last question. Can we preview all unmuted tracks while playing phrase in the Phrase Editor window? Would be nice!
No, sorry. The Phrase Editor is independent of the composition and has its own scale and chord settings. It is meant as an editor and test bed to design your phrases. However in 'note editing mode' you can edit the phrases in-place and preview with other tracks.
There have been ENORMOUS development since the last time i check in! WONDERFUL development so far!!!
Thanks for your kind words! Yes, the development is continuous but there is still a lot to do...
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

delete
Last edited by lulukom on Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hello Attila!
"Collect scales for selected chord" is something that I have been waiting for !!))
How about my request from Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:42 am ? ))
When can we expect a new beta?
Thank you .

Hello lulukom!

I am sorry, I do not want to make MIDI dropping more complicated by introducing a new modifier key.
The 'set notes to the nearest scale/chord note' option changes notes and I am sure if this is what people would want when importing an existing track. Anyway I added your request to the to-do list.
I'll upload a beta version next week.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Thank you for your reply !

You are amazing for your promptness, Thanks so much!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”