Don't think that it is a bug, but stuck and need little help

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I started a new project in RC and made some chords. Then I clicked on the track name and copied MIDI holding Control to a track in Logic. Normally it was a very simple procedure, but now something strange happens. So I added Sylenth as an instrument to the track, but the synth behaved very strangely this time. Every time when it started to play the loop sequence from the first bar, it wents from any preset in a soundbank to very first preset in this bank (preset 001). I tried u-he HIVE too, but HIVE behaves normally.
Then I saw a small double zero (00) symbol in the upper left corner of the MIDI region. I think, that it is a number of variations, that included in MIDI export file, because similar numbers in upper left corner emerge when I paste Capture Recording in Logic. But I don't understand, why they emerged now? I didn't change any settings, and when I import MIDI from another older projects in this Logic project on the same track, there is no 00 symbol.

Does anybody experience such behaviour by exporting MIDIs in DAWs? How can I NOT copy those variations (it the are variations, I don't know it for sure)?

sounds like midi file has Program Change data/information that Sylenth reads/accepts it..

i have no Logic experience but i believe you should be able to remove/delete that Midi Program (and probably Bank too) Change message in the midi editor.

yellukhan wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:52 am sounds like midi file has Program Change data/information that Sylenth reads/accepts it..

i have no Logic experience but i believe you should be able to remove/delete that Midi Program (and probably Bank too) Change message in the midi editor.
Thank you! But I'm still in doubt.

This is strange because the program change message is not included in the dragged MIDI. I just tried dragging a track using a soundfont, and another one having "General MIDI" "No program change" and neither had a program change message.

Please note that chords are exported as MIDI markers, this is enabled by default (Settings / Miscellaneous / MIDI Export). Please try disabling that, maybe it will help.

If you send me a short MIDI file in e-mail, I will gladly check it if I see something strange in it.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Thank you Attila,

it is by any means not critical for use MIDI from RC. There are no 00 anymore, when I copy MIDI notes and paste them inna new MIDI region. But it is a little bit strange. May be it comes from Logic. I don’t really know.

Happy New Year for all the forum members!

Happy New Year for all the forum members!

Thank you!

:party: Happy :party: New :party: Year! :party:
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”