- [macOS] AU MFX plug-in included
- 'Open User Guide' button added which opens the updated v4 user guide (the wiki is deprecated)
- Fixed importing MIDI CC's in MIDI files and other MIDI import fixes
v4.02 maintenance update available
- Fixed inserting bars into the composition in the timeline inspector
- Fixed loading compositions when a VST instrument was set as preview instrument
- Small fixes in the phrase and rhythm drop targets
- Double-clicking on a 'Motive Generator' will set the instrument in the Melody Editor
- When using the 'Repeat' option in the Idea Tool, regenerating individual tracks or the master track will do the repetition
- Fixed crash when clicking on the phrase preview in Apply Shape and Apply Melody variations
- [macOS] Fixed crash on Cmd+Q on macOS Catalina
v4.01 maintenance update available
- Phrase inspector shows timeline and note lengths for percussion phrases
- Idea Tool 'Replace Composition' mode sets composition scale, tempo and signature, instead of setting the same in the added part
- [Plug-ins] Fixed playback issues in the Melody Editor when soundfont was used
- Fixed playback in the phrase inspector when previewing phrase generators dropped in percussion tracks
- Fixed Idea Tool crashing randomly
- Fixed crash when clicking on the 'Phrase Container'
v4.0 major update available
- Redesigned user interface
- Browsers are docked on the right side, file browser added
- Melody Editor tab added for motive development, melody generation and editing
- All rhythm and phrase generators were revamped
- New rewritten VST2, VST3 and AU plugins. The plug-ins are self contained, so they do not use the main application. You can use soundfonts in the plug-in.
- The installer is improved, including installing plug-ins. The Windows installer includes 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
- Folder tracks
- Peak meters and Audio Gain slider displayed for SF2, VSTi and audio tracks
- Settings / VSTi page reworked and simplified
- New structure inspector with extended functionality
- Diatonic and chromatic mediant chords are in the Chords Suggestions
- The initial 'enter license key' screen redesigned with the possibility to start the demo version
- New variation: 'Apply Shape'. It is similar to Apply Melody but uses the new rhythm mapping
- Add selected chords to a progression rule (from the master track, the progression editor, and the browser)
- Additional bigger font sizes offered, suitable for 4K resolution
- At the first usage font size is automatically set based on the screen resolution
- Supporting special characters in directory names (cyrillic, kanji, etc)
- Color themes updated and cleaned up. New color themes: 'Dark With Orange', 'Katalin Dark'
- Dozens of other improvements and bug fixes that are impossible to list
- orders after April 1, 2019 receive a free upgrade. Expect an e-mail with your v4 license key and download links in the next few days. Please contact us if you don't receive your new license key until November 20th
- orders before April 1, 2019 can upgrade to v4.0 for USD 60 (full edition) or USD 30 (light edition). When ordering, please use your license key as the coupon code to get the upgrade price. We'll notify these customers about upgrading by e-mail.
The new version imports your v3 settings by default. If you want a clean installation, please rename your Documents/RapidComposerV3 folder before running v4.0 for the first time. Then you can rename it back.
v4.0 is not compatible with v3 composition files due to the internal rework. Still, it is possible to open v3 compositions, but the phrase generators will not show the same notes.
You can download the update by clicking on "Check For Updates" under the Support tab, or using the download URLs sent to you in e-mail.