Syne v1.0 is released!

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
pumafred
KVRist
486 posts since 28 Oct, 2012 from Argentina

Post Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:15 pm

In the friendliest and most constructive spirit possible, I must say this is a terrible development. A work in progress, with a lot of potential, such as RapidComposer, a developer releasing betas almost daily without time to write a proper manual, and now this, a synth, of which there are plenty and excellent alternatives in the market? I fear, and hope to be wrong, that MusicDevelopments will not grow beyond being a friendly, well-meaning amateur project. Twenty or thirty loyal followers, and a missed opportunity. Again: I hope to be wrong.

musicdevelopments
KVRAF
3573 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Re: Syne v1.0 is released!

Post Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:50 pm

simmo75 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:59 pm
Are there any other audio demos?
There doesn’t appear to be any on the website.
I am afraid, I have not had time to make audio demos yet.
Thanks,
Attila
http://www.musicdevelopments.com
Innovative music software for creative musicians - home of RapidComposer and Syne

tanislas
KVRer
24 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Post Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:32 am

pumafred wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:15 pm
In the friendliest and most constructive spirit possible, I must say this is a terrible development. A work in progress, with a lot of potential, such as RapidComposer, a developer releasing betas almost daily without time to write a proper manual, and now this, a synth, of which there are plenty and excellent alternatives in the market? I fear, and hope to be wrong, that MusicDevelopments will not grow beyond being a friendly, well-meaning amateur project. Twenty or thirty loyal followers, and a missed opportunity. Again: I hope to be wrong.
you don t have to be so negative. If you don t like it don t buy it!

jdfair
KVRer
10 posts since 10 Jan, 2005

Post Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:05 am

Hi Attila,

I was playing around with the Syne Demo as a VST in the latest version of Reaper. After loading and playing a preset for a few seconds, the audio started crackling pretty severely. My audio interface is a Focusrite and I'm using it's ASIO driver with a 6 ms latency. I increased the latency to approx. 12 ms and the crackling persists. Not sure what else to tell you ... thought I would let you know.

Thanks,
Jimmy D.

musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Post Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:20 am

Hi Jimmy,

the demo VST works well on my PC with Reaper (128 samples, 1.3 ms @ 96kHz). I also have a Focusrite audio interface. Which number do you get when you press "Measure CPU Performance" ?

According to my measurements updating the UI burns more processor cycles than synthesis which is really efficient and should work smoothly even on older PCs. I'll see if others report the same issue.

Thanks,
Attila
Innovative music software for creative musicians - home of RapidComposer and Syne

BlackWinny
KVRAF
4525 posts since 17 Jun, 2013 from very close to Paris, France

Post Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:43 pm

Not on my side. No problem. No crackles at the output, and an excellent sound quality of the synth.

My setup :
  • Laptop ASUS K756UJ with a i5 CPU, 16 Gb of RAM and a 1Tb SSD master disk (with that as hardware I don't need any Windows memory cache)
  • Windows 10 Home Edition 64-bit
  • Cakewalk by BandLab and Mulab 8 (either one either the other one, depending the use or not of 32-bit plugins in the work)
  • RapidComposer for all the composition works (whatever the DAW used), and sometimes a small infidelity with Sundog Studio for a quick result when wanting very small repetitive lines
    :oops:
  • Sound devices:
    • Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD (incredibly good, awesome!) when at home
    • Behringer UCA-222 when in nomad
Note: When I compose or play music I disable all the background tasks which are useless, keeping only the antivirus and the web connection (and these latter only if required). It may be important to prevent crackles and glitches.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Post Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:41 pm

Thanks for the detailed report, BlackWinny :)
Attila

jdfair
KVRer
10 posts since 10 Jan, 2005

Post Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:41 am

Hi Attila,

All is well ... it seems I have been remiss with my computer setup. The driver for my audio interface was out of date, plus I didn't have the USB controllers optimized for audio. Sorry for the bother ...

Thanks,
Jimmy D.

musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Post Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:18 pm

Hi Jimmy,
It is great that you found a solution! I began to worry that I did something wrong. :phew:
Thanks,
Attila

tl
KVRian
630 posts since 8 May, 2002 from ... , germany

Post Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:03 am

A really nice synth plugin. Great sound and very gentle to the CPU. Very well thought out handling of modularity.
Unfortunately the VST3 plugin state saved with a Bitwig project isn't recalled.
Is there MPE (per voice controls) and adjustable pitchbend range planned?

Thanks for yr work.

Regards,
tl.

tl
KVRian

Post Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:13 am

tl wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:03 am
Is there MPE (per voice controls) and adjustable pitchbend range planned?
Some kind of per voice control seems to be implemented. I'll further explore...

musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Post Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:33 am

Thank you for the nice feedback, tl! :)
This is just the first version, so all initial issues will be fixed shortly. BTW v1.01 is available.
I am going to add a few macro parameters so that you can automate parameters from your plug-in host.
Thanks,
Attila

HiEnergy
KVRian
898 posts since 19 Jun, 2006 from Berlin, Germany

Post Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:48 am

I've created a short demo video for Syne.
The soundtrack is played by 5 instances of Syne, some external effects applied.

Enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ejzvwD7Hdk

musicdevelopments
KVRAF

Post Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:26 am

Thank you, HiEnergy! :tu:

tl
KVRian

Post Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:19 am

... moved to instruments forum

Return to “MusicDevelopments”