Crashing after scanning vst plugins

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After scanning vst plugins the program crashed and wont run anymore even after uninstalling it and reinstalling the program simply wont run , as it launches and loads vst plugins then crashes to desktop . I emailed tech support and got no response or help whatsoever .

I sent you a reply in e-mail. In short: start RapidComposer with the Ctrl key held down. One of the plug-ins causes the crash. Localize which plug-in crashes, and let me know, I will try to test it. Don't forget to mention your OS version and VST plug-in version.

Well i already uinstalled the program a few times reinstalled same thing happened so i also realized that the uninstall doesnt remove all of the program so i went into the user / document/ and folder for rapidcomposer and i deleted that and now the program so far appears to start . i dare not scan for vst plugins i assume as it will only continue to crash . and i have not received any email . btw

Yes, exactly, if you delete just the settings file everything will be in its initial default state.
But if you use the "holding Ctrl" you don't even have to delete the settings file.

It is not a good idea to scan for VST plug-ins because loading various .dlls jeopardizes the stability. The plug-ins are executed in the application address space, so if they crash, they will crash RapidComposer. We may add plug-in bridging later.
It is best if you add VSTs in the list that you will use with RapidComposer one by one.

I did however uninstall and reinstall the program a few times .. And had to re enter the serial number.. Will that cause my serial number to become invalid at some point because of this . ?

No, you can enter the serial any number of times.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”