RapidComposer VST setup in FLStudio - any tips?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've just purchased RapidComposer during the current sale. There is a wealth of information here in this forum, and I'm growing more excited about my purchase as I begin digging in, particularly the threads by Yelluhkan (so generous, and demonstrating the amazing possibilities) and iXaarii (it might take weeks to get through it, but I can't wait to start applying all of this theory advice).

Problem is: I can't seem to get RapidComposer VST to control more than one instrument inside FlStudio. I know there must be a trick to it, but I've failed to find it. Can anyone here help lead me out of the dark?

I'm currently running the latest version of both FLStudio (v20.6.2 [build 1549]) and RapidComposer (v3.84).

Thanks in advance for hints and tips!

Hi syncline! & welcome!

Thank you for your kindly words! :)

i made a FL project you can use it as a FL&RC template
see the "legend" jpeg for the details and let me know if i miss anything..

i hope it helps!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wow Yellukhan, thank you so much!

I'm going to have to study what you've done here with Patcher and VFX Color mapper, but this will definitely get me started experimenting. I had tried something similar, but was using outs 1-16. I can see you've routed from Color mapper using outs 11-26, but I'm not sure why, or why that works.

I'll try to post back to this thread as I figure out how this all fits together. I'll likely have more questions lol.

Thanks very much again - you have a new friend in Houston :hug:

Thank you, you have a new one in Istanbul then :hug:

i might be making this unnecessarily over detailed but just in case:
mixer routing part doesn't matter in this case.

i used ports starting from Port 10
because i just want to leave empty ports (top of the list) in this setup to access easily if you want to add another midi vst and connect it to a vst..
also makes easier to tracking the output port numbers and midi channel numbers
ports:11-12-13...26 vs midi chs:1-2-3..16
anyway..

short:
basically you can use any FL input/output ports

just be sure you are using
-empty ports,
-different ports for input and outputs

for example:
--RC VST Output port = 0
--Patcher Distributor Input port = 0
--Patcher Distributor Output ports = (VFX Midi Channel Outputs)
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16
--RC-01 to RC-16 tracks Input ports =
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16

let me know if still unclear.

Thanks for the clarification.

Yup. That was the part I missed - didn't realize I needed to use different ports in and out of Patcher. I'd say it's also unintuitive that RC isn't directly in the Patcher signal flow. It's a good day when I learn something new. I spent the afternoon exploring the project you shared and starting to experiment with different templates and different instruments. I know I'll have more questions before long.

Istanbul is beautiful - I visited ~20 years ago for a few days on business with the university. Didn't have much time to explore, but managed to get to the Blue Mosque, the Hagia Sophia, had a picnic on the southern shore of the Black Sea, and bought a very colorful rug (cotton, not silk) at the Grand Bazaar, which I still have.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”