How to make it sounds human

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HI everybody, I'm new to this musicdevelopment forum.

I discovered the awesome RC, and meybe I will be able to compose. Since I did not study music, it is quite challenging for me.

The first difficulty I encounter is the hard sound of an instrument when put into a track. I mean, if I put a piano, it sounds so hard and wild, like it is played with my punches.

I tryed to apply variations on velocty and other stuff, but I would like to ask the forum if there is a better procedure to make it sounds like a human would play it.

Thanks in advance.

Myper

Hi Myper,

welcome to this forum! :)
Each track has an 'Expression' variation added. This variation has an 'Expression' parameter that is basically a multiplier for the "note on" velocity. You can put this slider in the track header, I think it is done by default. You can also automate this parameter.

There are other controls, like "Strong Accent", "Medium Accent", "Weak Accent" that control the note velocities. Each note has the usual MIDI "note on" velocity assigned to it OR a special value: strong/medium/weak accent. You can make interesting rhythmic effects when you have phrases with strong/medium/weak notes, and you automate these controls. As an example a continuous rhythm morphing strong->weak, weak->medium, medium->strong can be achieved, because you can specify the velocity of these special notes by automation any way you 'd like.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

musicdevelopments wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:13 pm Hi Myper,

welcome to this forum! :)
Each track has an 'Expression' variation added. This variation has an 'Expression' parameter that is basically a multiplier for the "note on" velocity. You can put this slider in the track header, I think it is done by default. You can also automate this parameter.

There are other controls, like "Strong Accent", "Medium Accent", "Weak Accent" that control the note velocities. Each note has the usual MIDI "note on" velocity assigned to it OR a special value: strong/medium/weak accent. You can make interesting rhythmic effects when you have phrases with strong/medium/weak notes, and you automate these controls. As an example a continuous rhythm morphing strong->weak, weak->medium, medium->strong can be achieved, because you can specify the velocity of these special notes by automation any way you 'd like.

Thanks,
Attila
Thank you very much, sounds quite complicated at the moment.

I wonder if someone created track templates (that I found super useful) as starting points for some instrument like guitar, drum, bass. I created my own but i would appreciate a more serious track template from someone more experienced than me.

Myper

Return to “MusicDevelopments”