Melodya topic (was Melodya v1.0 announced...)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
KVRist
384 posts since 26 Feb, 2007

Post Thu May 07, 2020 2:45 pm

> Bug Report re: v1.0.2 – Hanging Notes When Stopping Melody [Studio One 4 ("S1"), Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra]

When pressing the Play arrow button to stop a melody playing, midi notes hang. They stop only when the melody comes to its end. BUT if Loop is on the midi notes don't stop and just keep playing. I’m thinking all notes off messages need to be sent when pressing the play arrow button a second time to stop a melody playing.

A show stopper that prevents buying now. Hope there's a fix very soon before the intro discount ends on 5/15 (that really should be extended by at least a week given how buggy its been since launch which prevents really demoing it.

> ALSO: I find that when the plugin is instantiated that S1 is more crash prone.
Last edited by dbender on Thu May 07, 2020 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KVRer
1 posts since 7 May, 2020

Post Thu May 07, 2020 4:12 pm

Ok at first glance this seemed like a lot of fun. The demo version would crash randomly, no matter what DAW I used. After i purchased it, it completely unusable! It does even open. All I get is a grey screen! Please fix. Some of use still pay money to support a good product. This has potential, even though it freezes, glitches and crashed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KVRist
31 posts since 16 Dec, 2018

Post Thu May 07, 2020 11:19 pm

DJones78 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 4:12 pm
Ok at first glance this seemed like a lot of fun. The demo version would crash randomly, no matter what DAW I used. After i purchased it, it completely unusable! It does even open. All I get is a grey screen! Please fix. Some of use still pay money to support a good product. This has potential, even though it freezes, glitches and crashed.
Hi DJones78, I got the same problem like you. Just read my post on the page 3. Hope; it will help. Try to resize GUI, make it bigger, when you see the screen where you need to choose unlock or demo.

KVRian
1414 posts since 13 Jan, 2014

Post Thu May 07, 2020 11:28 pm

Just seen there is a 1.0.3 online, maybe this will fix some problems.

KVRist
153 posts since 31 Dec, 2005

Post Fri May 08, 2020 1:46 am

Good morning Attila.

I have just been testing version 1.0.3 and i am very pleased to say that is a bit more stable :) the note delete function is now working! i am still facing 2 problems though, the first is when reloading a project that has Melodya in it my daws crash, this also happens when i have finished with a project that has Melodya in it and i want to open ANY other project, but while i have it loaded in my daw and using it things seem to be stable, the second issue is when dragging and dropping a midi onto the Melodya piano roll some of the notes are different to the original midi file (I have mentioned this problem before) maybe adding an option to manually browse and import the midi file might help :)
Strictly drum and bass

KVRist

Post Fri May 08, 2020 1:49 am

tatanka wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 11:28 pm
Just seen there is a 1.0.3 online, maybe this will fix some problems.
Thank you tatanka for the heads up sir! :)
Strictly drum and bass

KVRist

Post Fri May 08, 2020 3:15 am

dbender wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 2:45 pm
> Bug Report re: v1.0.2 – Hanging Notes When Stopping Melody [Studio One 4 ("S1"), Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra]

When pressing the Play arrow button to stop a melody playing, midi notes hang. They stop only when the melody comes to its end. BUT if Loop is on the midi notes don't stop and just keep playing. I’m thinking all notes off messages need to be sent when pressing the play arrow button a second time to stop a melody playing.

A show stopper that prevents buying now. Hope there's a fix very soon before the intro discount ends on 5/15 (that really should be extended by at least a week given how buggy its been since launch which prevents really demoing it.

> ALSO: I find that when the plugin is instantiated that S1 is more crash prone.
v1.0.3 BUG REPORT: Having the same problem as per the above with stuck hanging midi notes in v 1.0.3. Bummer, hoped that new version fixed this. Turn off the melody playing by hitting the Play arrow button while playing e.g., a violin, and the midi notes gets stuck and hangs and keeps playing (does that with sustain type sounds like violin, not pluck short sounds like piano)

KVRist

Post Fri May 08, 2020 8:11 am

Megawattt wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 1:46 am
Good morning Attila.

I have just been testing version 1.0.3 and i am very pleased to say that is a bit more stable :) the note delete function is now working! i am still facing 2 problems though, the first is when reloading a project that has Melodya in it my daws crash, this also happens when i have finished with a project that has Melodya in it and i want to open ANY other project, but while i have it loaded in my daw and using it things seem to be stable, the second issue is when dragging and dropping a midi onto the Melodya piano roll some of the notes are different to the original midi file (I have mentioned this problem before) maybe adding an option to manually browse and import the midi file might help :)
Sorry Attila.

I have just fired up the pc again for more testing, Melodya is causing a DAW crashfest :( and stuck notes , i want to say what already has been mentioned on this thread that Melodya has so much potential and i have faith and patience that you will sort out the bugs :)
Strictly drum and bass

KVRAF

Topic Starter

4377 posts since 9 Jan, 2010

Post Fri May 08, 2020 11:28 am

Thanks for the feedback!
There are no hanging notes in Reaper so I don't know why StudioOne swallows note off events!
I was able to reproduce this with StudioOne, but I am pretty sure that note off's are sent. Otherwise it would not work in other DAWs :(
I uploaded v1.04 but these problems will be fixed in the next 1-2 days.

Thanks!
Attila

PS: yes, most probably the intro discount will be extended...
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Innovative music software for creative musicians - home of RapidComposer, Melodya and Syne

KVRist

Post Fri May 08, 2020 3:13 pm

> Bug Reports re: v1.0.4 [Studio One 4 ("S1"), Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra] –

-- Hanging notes when stopping melody by clicking arrow Play button problem remains (I know your notes re v1.0.4 didn’t say this was fixed in this version and your post said you'll be fixing it, just noting it's still a problem in this version)

-- Right-click brings up menu BUT selecting any of its items does nothing (just noticed this in v1.0.4, hadn't checked prior versions for this). Big bummer.

KVRist

Post Fri May 08, 2020 5:06 pm

Good morning Attila.

Still having the same problems with version 1.0.4 , i did try one experiment with the note deleting problem, i opened Melodya in the freeware Tone2 NanoHost (Which would rule out any use of a DAW) and attempted to delete a note, i still had the same problem of multiple notes being deleted when selecting one note, here is the link for NanoHost if you would like to test https://www.tone2.com/nanohost.html
Strictly drum and bass

KVRian
1192 posts since 15 May, 2017

Post Fri May 08, 2020 9:37 pm

Hey Megawatt.. Just to be clear, you understand how notes are being displayed? If you are NOT hovering over the motive, you see all the notes based on the variations, but, when you hover over the motive, notes disappear.. Those are the original notes, before the variations are applied.. So, deleting a note may give the impression you are deleting more notes than you actually are..

KVRer
10 posts since 30 Jul, 2018

Post Sat May 09, 2020 1:05 am

How to run from FL Studio?

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Sat May 09, 2020 2:04 am

Hanging notes issue is fixed now...

To be honest I am not experienced in FL Studio. If you load the VST plug-in you need to route its MIDI output to a virtual instrument track.

Thanks,
Attila
Innovative music software for creative musicians - home of RapidComposer, Melodya and Syne

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Sat May 09, 2020 2:59 am

Hi Megawattt,

I downloaded NanoHost, and now I understand what you meant to ask! If you delete a note in a motive, the same note will be deleted in other sections which use the same motive. What you can do is clicking on the 'clone' icon (4th icon in ACTIONS line) to make a copy of the motive to break any connection with the others, and you can delete a single note.

EDIT: which DAW do you use? I tried loading projects in several DAWs and there was no crash...

Thanks,
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”